Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
At Conservation International, we believe in the power of nature and work daily to build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet for everyone. We need you to help us bring that message to the world and motivate change.
Are you an out-of-the-box thinker that thrives in an environment where you are balancing multiple, exciting projects? Are you passionate about protecting the nature that people rely on? Do you often find yourself digging into email coding in order to make tiny improvements? If so, then it's time to roll up your sleeves and join the Conservation International team.
Our Marketing team is looking for a strong writer with a passion for data. We're looking for a detail-orientated, energetic professional to support the departmental and organization-wide goals set for our email community. You’ll have the opportunity to experience a variety of marketing projects, including the chance to bring your creative email ideas to life.
If this sounds like you, send your resume and cover letter today.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
Email and Online Community Engagement
- Write and produce engagement email copy that encourages CI’s community to take action or donate. Secure necessary internal approvals, coordinate edits as necessary and distribute to various stakeholders for design, build and delivery. Have capacity to build emails as needed.
- Track email performance. Create performance reports as needed for Marketing Director or other stakeholders.
- Support Marketing Director on the design and implementation of continual community growth optimization, including stronger website calls-to-action and optimal conversion pathways.
- Make recommendations to the Marketing Director for improving email and online engagement and conversion rates through segmentation, testing, content and user experience optimization
- Manage CI’s community email box. Monitor all incoming messages, respond or route messages to others at CI as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Identify and recommend list building opportunities through CI’s digital channels, namely email and the mobile action network, and implement once approved by the Marketing Director
- Support the marketing team on special projects and campaigns, including Nature is Speaking and Virtual Reality films.
- This position is located in the Arlington, VA offices of Conservation International
- Normal office environment
- Up to 5% travel is possible
- 2+ years of related work experience. Experience in digital campaigning/strategy, organizing, or marketing preferred.
- Keen attention to detail with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to think creatively and innovatively and thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with CRMs, experience with Blackbaud Suite preferred
- Basic HTML/CSS coding skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing/ communications/related field
- A passion for nature, sustainability or environmental conservation
- Desire and willingness to stay on top of emerging trends in email marketing
See all Career Opportunities at Conservation International atconservation.org/careers.