The Director is responsible for the successful and efficient administration of key functions of the StellarXplorers Program Business and Competition Operations for all Competitions, camps, and new initiatives as they may develop. The Director provides oversight, support, and guidance to the managers and coordinators who execute program development, outreach, and competition management, as well as support and maintenance for all aspects of technical support and required hardware and software.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Operations and Program Oversight and Development (approximately 45% of effort):
- Establish goals for events, participants, and special projects; and yearly calendar of events in collaboration with the National Commissioner and other staff
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure planning, budgeting, training and materials, and technical support for all national and international competition elements.
- Oversee development of new programs and initiatives.
- Create, edit, and present StellarXplorers presentations to AFA leaders, prospective and current sponsors, and other organizations/stakeholders.
- Facilitate design, communication, and organization to administer current activities and plan effectively for the future.
- Lead, manage, and support StellarXplorers staff, including direct provision of technical support, event planning and execution, procurement, training, and other functions.
Program Engagement: (approximately 20% of effort)
- Manage outreach to program participants, AFA Chapters and stakeholders through email, social media, website pages, newsletter, and other avenues.
- Design engagement plans for the cohesive message across all platforms and keeping participants well informed.
- Design and implement a cohesive approach to branding for the StellarXplorers Program.
- Assist in the creation of program promotional videos as needed.
- When required, travel to various locations to promote the StellarXplorers program.
National Finals Competition Coordination (approximately 15% of effort)
- Plan and execute StellarXplorers National Finals Competition including hotel contract, room reservations, event schedule, the layout of event space, food and lodging for all National Finals teams and volunteers, and coordinating contracts associated with the event.
- Coordinate air and ground transportation and other National Finals team logistics.
- Correspond with National Finals teams to gather and plan the National Finals Competition.
- Oversee sponsorship engagement at the National Finals Competition.
Finance and Planning (approximately 15% of effort):
- Develop and oversee development and implementation of content, materials, media, and communications to advance the mission and activities of StellarXplorers programs.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders to both secure funding and procure materials and resources to meet the needs of the StellarXplorers program and related competitions and activities
- Seek funding opportunities; compile all materials and coordinate teamwork to complete applications
- Perform monthly check and credit card reconciliations for StellarXplorers programs.
- Track metrics and milestones associated with awarded funds to ensure compliance and completion; proactively resolve barriers to completion, annually, review pricing for team registrations.
- Works out of Air Force Association’s headquarters in Arlington, VA.
- Hours of work on full-time status are generally Monday through Friday during business hours of 8:30 am-5:00 pm.
- Operates in a professional office environment with travel (local and beyond) as needed.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Requirement(s):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- At least 5 years of experience in program management.
- Grant writing and Development experience (Preferred)
Certifications & Licenses Required:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead, develop, and manage others.
- Demonstrated knowledge or ability to develop skills in technology, competition systems, hardware, software, cybersecurity practices, and technical support.
- Demonstrated knowledge or ability to develop skills in fundraising, planning, budgeting, procurement, and related systems.
- Ability and willingness to work with subject matter experts, and to deliver and manage technical support in a high-volume environment.
- Strong written and oral communication and analytic skills, including adept presentation skills and the ability to speak in front of large groups and senior leaders.
- Strong ability to build and cultivate working relationships via a customer-service orientation.
- Strong time management skills, ability to devise and execute effective strategic plans and prioritize independent work, and the work of a high performing team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with extra focus on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to be consistently thorough and demonstrate attention to detail in completing tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to complete, organize, and appropriately document activities.
- Demonstrated ability to be honest and ethical in work.
The Air Force Association is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and honoring the contributions of our country’s veterans.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the application process.
To be considered for this position, you must submit an AFA employment application, including salary requirements, a cover letter, and a resume to the recruiter (at) afa.org. The AFA application is available at https://www.afa.org/content/dam/afa/why-join/AFA%20Employment%20Application.pdf
Incomplete and/or unofficial AFA applications will not be considered.