Calling all adventurers, sports gurus, creators, coaches and performers far and wide! Independent Lake Camp is on a mission to create the best summer ever for their campers and we need you on board!
If you’re looking for a role where you can share your skills, teach kids, be surrounded by a unique and
diverse team of young adults and live in a paradise of high-energy fun for the summer…. look no further.
Independent Lake Camp is a co-ed, non-traditional, sleep away camp located in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. ILC is dedicated to celebrating diversity, promoting creativity and empowering individual growth through camper- chosen individualized scheduling. Independent Lake Camp attracts campers and counselors from all over the USA and abroad, catering to kids aged 6-17 and offering 2 to 8 week sessions. ILC is located 2.5 hours north of New York City and 2.5 hours from Philadelphia in the small town of Orson, PA.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for counselors with expertise in any of the following, with a passion to share their talents with our campers -
Music recording & mixing
Climbing Wall/High Ropes Course
Role Playing Games
To Be Successful In This Role You Will Need:
- A positive outlook and ability to energize those around you
- Great communication skills with children and colleagues
- A focus on safety and mental wellbeing for the campers
- You will need to be a teamwork
- A passion for teaching
- You will need Initiative, problem solving skills and responsibility
- To live and breathe the mission of ILC - Please take a moment to read our mission statement to understand how we operate.
What The Role Involves:
Day to day, our counselors are responsible for the following key tasks -
- Teach your specialty activity for 5 periods each day
- Live in a bunk with 6-12 campers and co counselor
- Monitor/Support social and emotional wellbeing of your campers
- Inspire and empower all campers to be the best version of themselves
- Supervise and mentor campers during meals, downtime and bunk activities.
- Engage and participate in daily group evening activities and camp events ie bring the fun
What we will provide
Independent Lake Camp will provide you with a summer of exponential professional growth, irreplaceable friendships, lifelong memories, and untold fun within the beauty of our natural setting. Our staff are the most important aspect of running a quality camp. We offer plenty of time off, one period every day and 4 nights per week. You will also receive one day off per week, not including the first and last week of your contract. This is a live in position which includes lodging and food.
Position Dates: June 18th, 2023- August 21st, 2023. Pre and Post camp work available on request.