- High-school diploma or equivalent and 2 – 4 years of maintenance experience in apartments, hotels, or similar environment.
- Prior leadership and supervisory experience.
- CFC certification and plumbing and electrical training/proficiency.
- Completion of an approved course on boiler and chiller maintenance for communities with a central plant and, for communities with individual HVAC, completion of an approved course appropriate to that type of equipment.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation including on-call hours.
- Ability to routinely lift up to 50 pounds (supplies, appliance, etc.).
- Passion for providing exceptional customer experiences and embodying our core customer service elements of:
- CARING – Demonstrated passion for caring about customers and co-workers alike.
- PROFESSIONALISM – Professional presentation and superior written and verbal communication skills.
- EMPOWERMENT – Proactive approach with a proven capability to take ownership of customer concerns.
- LEADERSHIP – Dependability as a team member who inspires others to achieve excellence.
- INCLUSION – Commitment to inclusion and treating everyone with kindness, dignity, and respect.
HOW WE SUPPORT YOU
For a complete benefits overview, please visit the benefits section of our careers page. In addition to providing employees with a great place to work, we offer a 20% housing discount at select JBG SMITH communities.
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.