Job Title: Data and Informatics Manager
Job ID #: 12690
Location: Reston, VA
Career Band: BDC
The Data Informatics Manager contributes to the overall enablement of a comprehensive Operational Data Store environment for collecting data from multiple systems into centralized data structures for analytics and reporting along with supporting enterprise operational needs. As the Data Informatics Manager, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following (Note, at any given time, incumbent’s job may have a production support focus, a developer focus, a tester focus, and/or a programmer focus) :
1. The manager shall have budgetary responsibilities for project work ensuring milestones are met within estimates. The manger shall do end of year forecasting for the coming fiscal year with his director and plan out corporate initiate and day to day support. The manager will have staff assigned to them in the human resources toolset and shall manage on boarding and off boarding of resources when necessary. The manager shall perform end of year performance appraisals and assist their director in ensuring all performance appraisal are accurate and timely.
2. The manager shall be working with the project team to achieve project goals and should work in a collaborative manner to complete all tasks. This may require coordination of work in areas of estimating, requirements gathering, designing, coding, capacity planning, quality assurance, and planning.
3. The manager shall operate within an enterprise data warehouse environment, analyze and translate functional specifications and change requests into technical specifications including an estimated level of effort. This task shall also include support for any Project Requirement Documentation in detailing all technical specifications as agreed upon between the business and technical staff. This may include coordinating multiple business and technical teams to ensure the accuracy and integrity of enterprise wide data and applications associated with it.
4. Assist when necessary in the development, testing, and implementation of efficient program logic for existing and new applications in accordance with the technical specifications.
- From a development perspective, the resource shall be the primary driver in the development of the most complex solutions for the acquisition of data from front end transactional engines and makes it available for use in tactical data stores. Application work shall be done in Informatica, Tibco Business Works, and / or JCL for scheduling workflows.
- Oversee and guide ALL testing efforts (integration, functional, system, performance, UAT, etc) via the Mercury Quality Center toolset by attending weekly testing meetings, creating test plans, enter test cases into MQC, and reviewing all defects / fixing more complex defects as assigned.
- As the project deploys to production, this resource shall ensure that there is on-going support for the application. This requires coordination with multiple teams to determine issues, provide clear mitigation strategies, and implement any changes necessary within the CareFirst support process to get issues resolved.
- All work shall require generating clear and concise requirements, testing, and support documentation as required.
- The resource shall coordinate all weekly project meetings while providing detailed reports on issues with any potential resolutions.
This position is also subject to being "on call" for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution. Travel between all CareFirst locations may be required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible for 5-10 direct reports and 5-10 contractors.
Required experience, abilities and skills:
This position requires a College degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field such as Information Management or equivalent experience. This position requires 5 to 10+ years of management experience with as least 5 years doing data related work. Must have data warehouse environment experience and have a proficient understanding of data models, extracting and loading data, and running SQL queries.
The following software and technology experience is needed or desired:
At least 5 years serving in a project lead role. Needed
• At least 5 years of Informatica or other Extract / Transform / Load toolset. Desired
• At least 3 years of test experience Desired
• At least 1 year with a Business Intelligence tool such as Microstategy or Cognos. Desired
• At least 3 years of SQL work. Desired
• Experience in full life cycle project/program management and leadership.
• Proven ability to budget, organize and manage teams.
• Must be able to teach, develop, and motivate associates.
• Excellent oral and written communications abilities are necessary along with the ability to present clearly to executive level leadership.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build consensus and agreement and bring resolution to contentious issues and entrenched interests.
• Proven ability to lead problem-solving discussions.
• This position requires strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to expand technical / business knowledge appropriate to the team through reading, research, on-the-job training and classroom training.
Solid understanding of Health Care industry. Knowledge of other software packages such as debugging tools, an e-mail tool, and 4th generation languages are preferred.
Department: Data Integration
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
External applicants: Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Internal applicants: Please visit PeopleSoft/Employee Self Service/CareFirst Careers
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Please apply before: 08/31/2019