This position reports to the Forest Service Program Manager/Director and is responsible for assisting with administrative functions, and the execution of a variety of program related activities, including: maintaining the database, publication materials, and the file management systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and update vacancy spreadsheets in coordination with the Program Recruiters.
- Recommend methods of document management options.
- Assist with the Enrollee Management System: Ensuring that the data is updated routinely.
- Assist with updating program materials, e.g. handbook, resource materials, web pages, etc., and development of promotional materials for Program Coordinators, Monitors, and prospective clients.
- Assist in the preparation of various reports for the Board of Directors and Executive Leadership
- Assist with the development of the communications outreach plans.
- Assist with the review of processes and procedures of various programs.
- Assist with creating user manuals.
- Assist with updating the electronic filing system (SharePoint) - keeping files organized and offering secure filing recommendations to store files.
- Assist with creating consistency of position descriptions and working with the Program Manager/Director to help resolve discrepancies.
- Assist with updating the budgeting tool for Forest Service Enrollees.
- Serve as back up to Programs Coordinator for DocuSign and Acquire management, programs’ newsletters and mass mailings.
- Create electronic and manual labels and assemble documents.
- Review and manage pending files and documents.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Solicit IT support for the various programs.
- Support Recruiters, Program Managers, Coordinators with other activities & functions as needed
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, monthly Field Staff conference calls and quarterly All Staff conference calls. Serve on NOWCC Teams as needed and desired.
- Perform other duties as assigned and the position description is subject to change at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The position requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or a five years of relevant office administration experience.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with persons at all levels, including staff and enrollees.
- Effectiveness as a team player, willing and able to be part of a multi-discipline team.
- Current computer skills, comfortable learning proprietary software, experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with experience in customer service.
- Ability to promote enthusiasm and obtain the cooperation of other NOWCC staff.
Physical requirements include the dexterity to reach, stand, climb, move, finger keyboards, lift light loads, and the ability to also function in a stationary position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
NOWCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a work environment free from discrimination and harassment in any form. It is NOWCC’s policy to comply with all applicable laws that provide equal opportunity in employment for all persons and to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment