At SES, we provide reliable and secure satellite and ground communications solutions. Whether it's to help bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent; making it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane; or providing extensive satellite coverage of all the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams – we like a challenge. We have a team of employees from across the globe. These enthusiastic and highly qualified individuals work together to go beyond frontiers and make a real difference in the world.
Principal Software Engineer
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to provide technical and architectural expertise for all aspects of software development. The ideal candidate should be a Full Stack Developer and be able to effectively communicate software designs to management and to other organizational teams.
As Principal Software Engineer, you will provide organization leadership in the software development of SES Networks' products. This role requires excellent communication skills, a strong foundation in computer science and a wide range of experience in every aspect of software development.
- Develop and deliver new technologies and services to help streamline and enhance our SATCOM ground network
- Work with business stakeholders to design and build product offerings for our Maratime/Energy/Telco/Aero customers
- Collaborate on high-quality software designs and architectures that leads to cohesive software systems
- Provide cross-team guidance on best practices, software architectures and technologies
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with Go/Golang programming
- An understanding of API development and inter-process communication strategies (gRPC, Protocol Buffers, NATS, AMQP)
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Strong understanding of software architectures and deployments
- An understanding of networking authentication and software security
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- 10+ years experience as a software engineer
Even better if you have:
- Prior SATCOM experience
- Experience with C/C++ and Python
- Proficient working with container/ virtualization technologies
- MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance, and further supplemented with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.