The primary role of this position is to assist Northwest Federal Credit Union to live out our vision to be the lifetime financial partner for our member-owners. One of the primary means to achieve this end is to develop a highly effective team of employees and develop each employee to their highest potential through coaching and leadership. This position is responsible for ensuring that outstanding service is delivered to both internal and external members. A key component of this service to external members is to ensure each employee identifies members’ financial needs and suggests appropriate Credit Union solutions.
MSRs will typically spend some of their time servicing existing customers, and the rest of the time growing the business through proactive sales activities. Transactional processing on the teller line for members will be required. The percentage of time spent in each work area will be based on branch size, complexity, need, and MSR level. Goals and responsibilities assigned are level dependent.
MSRs are key players who assist the branch team in achieving assigned annual branch goals. MSRs are responsible for interacting with appropriate areas of the Credit Union to ensure member needs and service issues are resolved timely and accurately.
MSRs are responsible for taking “full ownership” of member issues until they are completely resolved.
MSRs must stay current on operational, product, and system changes/enhancements, as well as demonstrate good risk management decisions to assist the branch in managing preventable losses and reduce fraudulent activity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must include the following and you may include any additional:
- Deliver outstanding service that delivers on our Service Promises.
- Meet or exceed the service goals for the position.
- Knowledge of the Credit Union’s products and services.
- Complete BVS classes as assigned.
- Maintain department policy and procedure documentation accordingly.
- Remains cognizant of and adheres to NWFCU policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Achieve assigned sales goals by proactively identifying opportunities utilizing the fundamentals of the Member Advantage.
- Identify financial needs and present all appropriate options, working cooperatively with appropriate business partners.
- Build new Member relationships by proactively “on-boarding” .
- Support branch in achieving its member retention, acquisition and growth goals.
- Achieve personal sales goals (including Investment/Insurance/Loan)
- Proactively reaching out to existing members, as well as participating in branch sales promotion.
- Promote the credit union & membership growth through community involvement.
- Maintain a professional manner to build member confidence and trust.
- Accurately and efficiently process a variety of Retail and Commercial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and check cashing.
- Adhere to all procedures stated in the Credit Union’s MSR policy and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with operational, security and control policies/procedures, preventing fraud and protecting member assets.
- Positively demonstrate teamwork by proactively assisting other branch colleagues when needed as well as actively participating and contributing during Branch Team meetings.
- Support branch team with quality referral generation (based on Loan/Investment licensing designation)
- In order to assist the branch team, additional duties may be assigned as needed.
- Process loans as required depending on MSR level. Understand loan products and how to read credit reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Previous financial and service experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, organizational, and problem-solving skills needed
- Minimum of three years in retail sales, call center, customer service or telesales position.
- PC experience to include working knowledge of Microsoft office products to include word processing, spreadsheets, and Email. Any office software specific to Northwest.
- Experience with Internet preferred
- Well organized individual with time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to demonstrate exceptional member service.
- Demonstrated product knowledge of financial services.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Federal Regulations required by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
- Ability to use fax, telephone system, copier and other communication tools.
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy with both internal and external customers.
- You will be required to interact with customers in an open face to face work environment.
- On an as needed basis, may be responsible for overall branch operation in the Branch Manager’s absence.
- Language skills require the ability to interpret all requests using effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiently read, write, and communicate in English; bilingual desired but not required.
- Possess effective interpersonal skills and the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with individuals in difficult situations or resolving member concerns.
- Mathematical skills include the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide and effectively use a 10 key calculator.
- Skilled at calculating cash flows and debt ratios.
- Possess a high degree of accuracy performing basic mathematical calculations.
- May be required to count large amounts of currency.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Interpret, understand, and explain NWFCU deposit and non-deposit products and features to potential customers.
- Exercise sound judgment, logic and initiative while maintaining member confidentiality and demonstrating integrity.
- Resolves situations pertaining to policies and procedures.
- May require some knowledge of credit reports depending on MSR level.
- Research and analyze account data to effectively resolve problems.
- Ability to function in a financial institution and/or branch environment and utilize standard office equipment, including but not limited to PC, fax, copier, telephone, etc.
- Utilize a calculator.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time, kneel, crouch, stoop, hear and talk.
- Raise, lower, or transport an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Travel to other branches may be required.
All positions require U.S. citizenship and a Federal Government Security Clearance. Those with an active security clearance are encouraged to apply; Northwest Federal will sponsor the clearance process for qualified applicants. Further, all applicants must pass drug test, bondability requirements and will be subject to a credit history check in order to determine eligibility for employment with Northwest Federal.
Necessary accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veteran.
We maintain a drug free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.