Primary Goals: The primary goals of this position are to serve as a subject matter expert and manager for a team of Open Source Analysts and conduct open source research and analysis using provided tools and software. Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills are required, as well as the ability to lead and supervise in a dynamic and challenging team environment with short deadlines.
The position is based in the Arlington, VA office.
- Perform extensive open source research on complex and time sensitive matters in support of client projects and utilize strong judgment skills to provide an analysis of the results;
- Manage assigned employees, including performance management, training, scheduling, mentoring, and career development activities;
- Serve as a subject matter resource for Open Source Analysts and Targeters;
- Assist Open Source Analysts with interpreting the data they collect (as needed);
- Lead and coordinate training sessions as necessary;
- Prepare briefings for prospective clients, program managers, and other company leaders;
- Develop materials in support of the clients’ and company leaders’ needs, to include: online exposure snapshots, corporate background profiles, and other privacy-centered products;
- Perform online cyber investigations with appropriate tradecraft;
- Perform cyber analysis on collected data (both content and metadata);
- Learn, develop, understand, and implement appropriate cyber tradecraft when performing online activities and dealing with collected data; and
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or appropriate.
- Master’s degree and 1+ years of directly relevant full-time open source research experience; OR Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of directly relevant full-time open source research experience; OR, in lieu of a degree, 8+ years of relevant full-time work experience;
- Knowledge of open source information sources and excellent internet research skills;
- Knowledge of social media platforms and social media monitoring tools;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with an emphasis on communicating security-related concepts/concerns to a broad range of technical and non-technical individuals both within and outside of the organization;
- Ability to take direction and work independently with minimal guidance;
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented working environment under tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, as well as Mac OS;
- Authorized to legally work for any employer in the United States;
- Fluent in English; and
- Willingness to submit to any requested background checks.
- 1+ year of experience managing Researchers or Analysts, OR 3+ years of experience managing employees in general;
- Private Investigator’s license;
- Prior experience with one of the U.S. intelligence agencies; and
- Prior investigations and/or intelligence analysis experience.
Red Five advises corporations and private families around the world on how to maintain their privacy and be more secure. Our planning and execution make our clients more resilient and better prepared. Red Five offers a myriad of products, services, and solutions that are leveraged for and aligned with existing and future clients. Our existing security consulting business spans the full spectrum of security advisory services, threat and intelligence analysis, design, technical countermeasures, assessments, and other mainstream security offerings. The extensive experience of our team gives us a deep understanding of today’s threats and the countermeasures required to defend against them. This understanding drives our development of client-centric security services.
Red Five provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.