What You Will Do:
- Report to the Chief Executive Officer and External Financial Consultant acting as the primary accounting team member to manage all financial transactions which includes performing all aspects of general accounting, billing, accounts receivable, payroll and accounts payable.
- Help produce standard monthly financial statements, to include balance sheets, income statements and statement of cash flows
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations
- Process payroll and related journal entries and update supporting payroll schedules
- Administer all aspects of the accounts payable/cash disbursement system including recording of invoices, tracking, review, approval and payment.
- Process cash receipt batches for A/R, subscription payments and miscellaneous cash receipts.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Create recurring journal entries
- Generate draft invoices for the Sales and Services teams
- Maintain each department's statements, ledgers and other required reports including the chart of accounts and budget data
- Help prepare customized internal and external financial statements and reports
- Assist in tax and other regulatory matters
- Act as a liaison to external auditors during the annual audit (answer questions, gather supporting documentation, ensure audit report is completed on-time)
- Interact with departments to answer questions about the financial statements and explain accounting procedures
- Completing vendor forms when requested
- Serve as the employee and vendor liaison for all questions regarding account inquiries and discrepancies, and invoices
- Other miscellaneous Finance projects as necessary
Who You Are...
- You are an organized self-starter
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- You are able to work successfully as a team member, but also on your own
- You possess strong project management skills, as well as time manage and organization
- You are able to work overtime as needed (around monthly financials, client year-end and audits)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance
- Must have solid background in U.S. GAAP principles
- 3-5 years of work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office, spreadsheet and database applications
- Experience in processing payroll and using accounting software (QuickBooks)
- Discretion with sensitive materials
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Able to think clearly and reach well-founded conclusions and articulate ideas crisply and concisely
- Able to work under tight timelines and re-prioritize work as needed
In addition to a competitive salary, our client offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!