7 News in Washington, DC is searching for our next excellent Executive Producer. You will join the fastest growing local news in the DC market with the strongest brand. We are “7 News On Your Side” in everything we do, from breaking news, impactful distinctive storytelling and enterprising investigative news content. Our viewing area covers Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia and we are committed to serving our diverse communities.
The ideal candidate must be a “Show Doctor” at heart, understanding high impact, informative, distinctive, and production driven newscasts. Must be able to pivot quickly in breaking news to guide our coverage on both of our stations 7 News & 24/7 News with an instinct to break on digital first! You should be someone who stays calm under pressure to focus our “7 News On Your Side” coverage.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented with a focus on quality control. You must have excellent people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating strong writing. Must be able to support a newsroom that promotes and seeks diversity of thought in our editorial decisions.
If you have passion, endurance and perseverance for news, apply today!
- Overseeing the production of our multiple nightly newscasts
- Monitoring reporter “On Your Side” story development on all platforms
- Working closely with Producers, Reporters, Anchors, Assignment Editors and Photographers on daily ‘On Your Side’ news coverage
- Reviewing copy and editing scripts
- Working with the News Director, Assignment Manager and other News Managers to plan daily, weekly and long term coverage
- Recruiting, hiring, scheduling and performance management for your team
- Coordinating with other SBG group stations and our DC bureau for story sharing and collaboration
- Routinely being on the weekend on-call list
- Overseeing any and all sponsored content in newscasts to remain compliant with company policies
- Ordering and producing graphics to enhance show production
- Being able to fill-in and produce newscasts on occasion
- Assisting in the planning and promotion of our “On Your Side” stories
- Approving nightly topicals
- Producing ‘cold opens’ for newscasts
- Previous line producing experience
- Working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
- Proven track record for getting ratings results
- Ability to plan and adjust personnel during breaking news
- Broad understanding of newsroom operations and equipment
- Four-year degree in journalism or communications preferred
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience with Avid, iNews, Outlook, Tagboard, CrowdTangle, Grabix, Axis graphics and StoryTeller preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!