WJLA in Washington D.C. is looking for a meteorologist to join our First Alert Weather Team. This is a full-time weather position with a primary focus on covering our shows on Saturday and Sunday and filling in on various newscasts throughout the week. You will also produce content on our digital platforms, posting on social media, writing weather blogs, creating weather social graphics and engaging with our viewers on social media.
The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include…
- Forecasting, Producing and Presenting clear and concise weathercasts, which tell a story and connect with viewers
- Issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events
- Post on social media consistently each day and during severe weather
- Write weather blogs for our website and app
- Engage with viewers on social media and utilizing ‘user generated content’ shared with us
- Make public appearances on behalf of the station
- Work with producers daily to determine relevant weather content and during severe weather
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
- Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots
- In Depth Knowledge of forecasting
- Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in weather presentation preferred
- Knowledge of WSI MAX system is a plus
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.