Digital Literacy/Microsoft Office Specialist Instructor (Hourly)
Arlington Education and Employment Program (REEP)
Arlington Public Schools (APS)
The Arlington Education and Employment Program (REEP) of the Arlington Public Schools is a dynamic, multi-faceted English as a Second Language (ESL) program for adult English language learners who live and work in Arlington, Virginia. REEP offers a variety of classes throughout the community.
Opening for an experienced digital literacy instructor for 15 hour/week class offered mornings: Mon-Fri 9am-12pm. May be combined with other REEP teaching assignments.
Class Dates: September 30, 2019 – December 20, 2019
Start Date: Between September 16 and September 23, 2019 for orientation & training
Application Due Date: August 16, 2019
• Plan and implement daily digital literacy instruction and English language support designed to prepare intermediate and advanced adult ESL learners to complete the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) core skills certification test in Word and Excel.
• Utilize effective teaching and class management strategies to address students’ needs, including learner-centered instruction, differentiated instruction, individual support, volunteer support.
• Evaluate and advise students,
• Maintain accurate student records on attendance and progress,
• Assist Digital Literacy Coordinator with laptop lending tasks, and
• Attend teacher meetings and participate in staff development.
Preferred Qualifications for Applicants:
? Bachelor’s degree in ESL or related field
? Experience teaching ESL to adult immigrants and refugees at a variety of levels,
? Experience teaching digital literacy to adults and/or experience providing instruction/training with Microsoft Office applications (preferred)
? Hold or able to earn prior to start of assignment 2013 or later Microsoft Office Specialist Word and Excel Certifications (preferred)
? Familiarity with competency-based and learner-centered approaches.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities ? Demonstrate cultural competence that allows for effectively working with people of differing cultural backgrounds, ethnicities, and language capabilities
? Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills,
? Adaptable, flexible professional, able to multi-task and prioritize competing tasks,
Employment Conditions and Benefits:
? 2019-2020 REEP hourly scale of $24.09 to $36.90 per hour, depending on length of service with REEP, plus 20% paid planning time,
? Paid professional development opportunities,
? Annual salary step increases, if eligible
Please submit a letter of interest, including days and times available to teach, and a resume to email@example.com.
See our website (http://www.apsva.us/reep) for more details on our program and our curricula.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER