The Department of Human Services (DHS), is seeking qualified Administrative Technicians to perform a wide variety of services in the Customer Service Center (CSC) of the Economic Independence Division (EID). These employees will embrace the use of multiple technology applications used for an array of technical and administrative duties in support of the EID and Child and Family Services Division (CFSD). The CSC serves as the "no wrong door" point of entry for culturally diverse clients and consumers seeking information, applications and referrals to DHS and community human service programs. Families served represent a culturally diverse population.
To learn about our services, please visit here.
- Performing client/customer intake reception at four entry points within two Divisions;
- Responding to a high volume of calls in a call center environment which disseminates information on a variety of human services programs;
- Assisting clients/customers within the Resource Center by providing technical assistance with computer and assessment set-up, and printing functions;
- Assisting in conducting triage to identify emergency needs;
- Researching and providing information requested from staff and clients;
- Registering and referring inquiries to a variety of human services programs;
- Processing human services applications via local and state databases;
- Providing administrative support for EID and CFSD to include creating, compiling, and scanning documents and mailings; and
- Indexing intake documents and closing case files.
The successful candidates will be comfortable with using multiple computer software applications, have excellent in-person and telephone communication skills, and demonstrated flexibility and sensitivity to remain professional and calm in a high-volume and fast-paced customer service environment.
For full description and/ or to apply, please select APPLY link or visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/arlington/ and search by Req code.