Extended Day Child Care Aides
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be enthusiastic, reliable, flexible, and friendly role model;
- Must be18 years of age for an Aide assignment; 16 year old's may apply for Trainee & Substitute assignments;
- Must possess a high school diploma, or a Certificate of General Educational Development (GED) for an Aide assignment;
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to follow directions;
- Ability to plan and implement age appropriate children activities;
- Ability to maintain sight and sound supervision of children in activities in different settings.
- Human Resources is accepting applications for the Extended Day Child Care Aide(s) applicant pool;
- Hourly-At-Will positions, part-time hours, work schedules vary depending on assignment.
- Some incumbents may be hired at as "Trainee", until they qualify for an "Aide" assignment.
- These positions are for applicants who are able to work 5 days each week.
NOTE: work site location, work schedule/hours, contract work days, etc. are subject to change, depending upon the needs of APS. Interviews will be scheduled on a regular as needed basis during the 2020-2021 School Year. (Effective date to be determined pending students returning to school buildings.)
RESPONSIBILITIES: (The following may not include all duties performed.)
- Building relationships with children, staff, and parents;
- Planning, preparing and implementing a program of age appropriate activities, such as arts and crafts, sports, games, clubs, etc.;
- Providing sight and sound supervision to groups of up to 20 children during program hours, in a variety of settings, such as playgrounds, multipurpose rooms, gymnasiums and classrooms;
- Participate in professional development and continue to grow as a child care professional.
Experience working with children in a child care center environment; Experience in engaging with children in a variety of settings; Experience in planning activities in collaboration with children
OTHER INFORMATION: Application Process: Applicants must submit an online classified application, and a copy of High School Diploma, or GED, or college transcripts (if applying for an Aide's assignment, 16 year old's incumbents will be considered for Trainee or sub assignments).
NOTE: It is the policy of the Arlington School Board, as stated in Policy G-2.30, Employee Relations Equal Employment Opportunity - that Employment opportunities shall not be restricted, abridged or otherwise adversely affected on the basis of race, national origin, creed, color, religion, gender, age, economic status, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and/or disability."
Online application steps:
- Log in to your application and select the appropriate application (Current APS employees interested in transferring must select the Employee Transfer Application). If you are a new online application user, please register with the online system, then proceed to Step 2.
- Login to your application, select the appropriate application, click the Start Application button at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Continue/Save button at the bottom of each web page until you reach the Employment Openings page of the application.
- On the Employment Openings page, click the Add Job button.
- Select the position you would like to apply for from the drop-down list.
- Click the Add Another button to add a different position to your application or if you have finished click the Continue button and proceed to Step 7.
- Once you have finished selecting the job(s) click the Continue button at the bottom of each web page and submit the application. (You will need to complete the Applicant Testimony and Applicant's Authorization Statement every time you re-submit your application).
- Click the Submit button on the left.
- Click the Submit Application button to finish applying for an APS position(s).
- APPLICATION STATUS NOTE: Your application will be reviewed for the specific skills & experience required for the job. Due to a high volume of interest, not all applicants can expect a phone call. Thank you for your interest in Arlington Public Schools.
APPLY TO: Applicants must follow instructions listed above.
SALARY: Extended Day Care Aide hourly rate ranges from $14.84 to $21.55, depending on work experience. Hourly rate for Trainees is $14.50; Hourly rate for Substitute is $13.20. Note: High School Student rate is $7.68 per hour.