Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
ABC7 and WJLA 24/7 in Washington, DC is looking for a Sales Leader who will lead our local sales department in maximizing all sales opportunities, with an emphasis on vertical integration with agencies and clients, reaching decision makers at all levels, creating key relationships and mining for share of market dollars.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Achieving local revenue budgets, including New Business and Digital
- Effectively sell and manage the selling of sports, specials, promotions, station and corporate initiatives to meet budgeted goals
- Assist in inventory management and pricing
- Coordinate and hold Marketing Consultants accountable to delivering revenue budgets/sales goals through consistent communication and expectation setting
- Ensure makegoods for preemptions are made to maximize revenue and discrepancy resolution within 48 hours
- Review all orders to maintain rate integrity and inventory availability
- Conduct weekly sales meetings for the purposes of reviewing all local selling activity, marketing opportunities, rates and inventory
- Mentor, coach and train all Marketing Consultants
- Grow relationships with local advertisers
- Collaborate and maintain communication with General Sales Manager to staff and interview per plan and station need
- Maintain communications and positive working relations with all departments and employees
- At least 5 years broadcast sales experience, with televisions sales and management experience preferred
- Proven success in developmental business and multimedia platforms including web and mobile applications
- Thorough knowledge of ratings and the ability to create presentations utilizing comparative values
- College degree preferred
- Computer software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.) competency required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!