Redhorse Corporation has an immediate need for a Future Capabilities/Requirement Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support an ongoing project within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Intelligence) (OUSD(I)). The work location for this project is The Pentagon in Arlington, VA.
The Future Capabilities/Requirements SME will have an expert understanding of cutting edge ISR technology, current ISR capabilities, theater requirements, and familiarity with joint military operations. The Future Capabilities/Requirements SME will analyze ISR gaps, evaluate mitigation strategies, and manage the initiatives approval process for the ISR Operations Director and Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) senior leadership.
Responsibilities and tasking for the Future Capabilities/Requirements SME include:
- Supporting ISR Operations Directorate interface with the Combatant Commands (CCMDs) to identify and understand the ISR operating environment, current capabilities, needs, and gaps.
- Supporting tracking of CCMD ISR requirements to include Flag-level memos, Joint Urgent Operational Needs (JUONS), and Joint Emergent Operational Needs (JEONS) with vendors, Services, and CSAs. Works with elements within OUSD(I), the Joint Staff, JFCC-ISR, and the Intelligence Community to develop mitigation strategies to address ISR shortfalls.
- Supporting preparation of presentations using Microsoft Office Suite PowerPoint software.
- Tracking evolving requirements and status of submitted initiatives; applying familiarity of operational and tactical ISR capabilities and systems to the process of reviewing and prioritizing initiatives.
- As determined by the government technical lead, performing and documenting time sensitive analysis of ISR gaps and mitigation strategies, and manages the initiatives requirements process for the ISR Operations Director.
- Planning, coordinating, and executing meetings with CSAs and Services to review ISR initiatives and address urgent and/or emerging warfighter needs.
- Building and delivering briefings to communicate results of analysis and evaluation.
- Building reports relating ISR Operations Directorate initiatives to subsequent Combatant Command requirements satisfaction. Specifically, the contractor will provide expertise to assess ISR activities within and amongst the Department, Joint Staff, and Combatant Commands.
- Make recommendations to prioritize and guide ISR Operations efforts to meet the identified shortfalls.
Basic Requirements for Experience, Skills, Education and Credentials include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university highly desired.
- A minimum of 8 (eight) years of general experience, with a minimum of 5 (five) years of specialized experience in any combination of, military, DoD civilian, or contractor demonstrated ISR experience with knowledge of the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) process, to include the Battlespace Awareness Functional Capability Board is required.
- Demonstrated experience with the Urgent Operational Needs Process as outlined in CJCSI 3170.01H to rapidly address warfighter needs is required.
- Knowledge and experience mitigating ISR requirements shortfall and gaps for airborne ISR systems to include manned and unmanned systems is required.
- Detailed understanding of and experience in framing, assessing, and staffing CCMD ISR requirements in the context of Department of Defense Directive 5000.71, Rapid Fulfillment of Combatant Commander Urgent Operational Needs, with a focus on airborne ISR aspects, including space to sub-surface urgent and emerging combatant command needs expressed in JEONS and JUONS is required.
- Active TS/SCI clearance is required.
Additional Preferred Requirements for Experience, Skills, Education and Credentials include:
- Demonstrated experience with intelligence planning policy at the Department level (CIG or DPPG) is highly desired.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding and experience with the CJCS Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) and Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC) operations and charter (CJCSI 5123.01G) is desired.
- Comprehensive understanding and proven experience delivering rapid response ISR capabilities to Warfighters in conjunction with the Department's Joint Rapid Acquisition Cell (JRAC), USD(AT&L) and the Warfighter Senior Integration Group (W-SIG) is desired.
- Recent (within last two years) experience on Service, Joint, or Office of Secretary of Defense Staffs is highly desired.
- Experience with OUSD(I) is highly preferred