For over 70 years now, the Magnolia family of companies has been serving the residents and businesses of the Washington and Baltimore Metropolitan areas. Today the Magnolia Companies consist of Joseph J. Magnolia, Inc. and Magnolia Plumbing, Inc. and operate out of multiple locations, dispatching approximately 200 service and construction vehicles throughout the Washington and Baltimore Region.
Magnolia Plumbing, Inc. is looking for a Full time CORPORATE RECRUITER skilled and versed in the service industry; preferably Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning to join our Human Resources Team. Position will be required to report to our NE DC Location, while traveling and supporting the other field offices in Hyattsville and Laurel, MD.
- Finding potential candidates for a job opening through job boards, referrals, and professional organizations
- Screening candidates and investigating referrals
- Initiating the interview process, including conducting phone interviews and ensuring candidates have the hard and soft skills needed for the job
- Recommending top candidates to the hiring manager
- Maintaining relationships with professional organizations, alumni groups, and other places where candidates can be found
- Participating and presenting at job fairs and similar events that can help attract candidates
Must have a command of full-cycle recruitment. When the business has a new opening, a you will develop a job description, distribute the job posting, and create job ads to find qualified candidates. When people apply to the position, you'll sort through the applicants, including screening resumes, and begin the job interview process.
After the hiring manager makes the final hiring decision, the corporate recruiter may extend the job offer and help with onboarding.
Generally, the process looks a little something like this:
- The hiring manager determines a need for a new hire.
- The hiring manager or the corporate recruiter writes the description for the open position.
- The corporate recruiter takes the job description and distributes it to places where potential candidates might be found. This may include social media platforms like LinkedIn or popular job boards.
- The corporate recruiter screens candidates as they come in, including performing initial interviews to learn more about the candidates.
- The corporate recruiter determines the top candidates and sends their names to the hiring manager.
- The hiring manager conducts interviews.
- The hiring manager makes the final decision on the hire.
Skilled in the following:
- ATS software
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Customer service
- Data mining
- HR sourcing
- Human resources
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
Minimum of 5 years of recruiting required - preferably 10!
Ideal candidate will come from the Service Industry - the trades...Plumbing, Heating, Electrical, Air Conditioning, Construction.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veteran/Disabled | Drug Free Workplace