Univision Local Media is seeking a creative journalist who can work across all of our dynamic platforms, who is able and willing to engage our viewers and online users on a daily basis. A journalist who is highly skilled, self-starter who can produce, shoot and edit stories under deadline pressure. Responsible for presenting accurate, balanced news stories, for shooting, editing, writing, and presenting accurate, daily news stories. The right candidate will work as a one-person operation and be responsible for reporting, shooting, and editing news stories and producing content for use in multiple outlets. Candidate will write and post across various platforms including updating web site and mobile products. The right candidate must be able to shoot and edit, be active in social media, and drive creative storytelling on a daily basis. Must work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines and maintaining a positive attitude.
· Reporting, shooting and editing video news stories and producing content for use in multiple outlets.
· Candidate will write and post across various platforms including updating web site and mobile products.
· The right candidate must know social media, do walk-and-talk live shots and be able to grab viewers with sights and sounds.
· Gather information, conduct interviews, shoot video, produce, report and edit assigned stories daily.
· Post video, pictures and stories to Website, Facebook, Radio and other social media outlets.
· Maintain strong familiarity with local, national and international news and issues of the day.
· Establish and maintain news contacts in the community
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with co-workers, supervisors and the community at large.
· Other duties as deemed necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 1 year newsroom experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BA degree in communication, journalism, television broadcasting or equivalent preferred.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Fluent in Spanish (read and write)
- Must be willing to work from office in Washington DC and surrounding DMA
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Physical Requirements (optional)
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, and sit for up to (8) hours