Position Title: ESP Program Manager
Department: Programs & Field Operations
Reports To: ACES Program Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
The position is responsible for NOWCC operations and activities in support of the USDA Experienced Services Program (ESP), ensuring the delivery of timely, high quality and cost-effective services to participating USDA agencies. Working with the leadership team, this individual will also help improve NOWCC’s capacity to serve, manage and deliver experienced services programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and oversee all aspects of ESP operations and activities, preparation of the grant proposals, task agreements, and other funding instruments, budgets, and all required grants documentation to be in compliance with federal regulations.
- Provide ongoing support, guidance, and assistance to ESP stakeholders including Coordinators, Monitors, Grants/Agreements Staff, and Budget Specialists.
- Work closely with the USDA ESP lead to educate USDA staff about the existence and utility of the ESP, resolve issues, and establish program policies.
- Serve as primary contact for the ESP.
- Provide support and guidance to all recruiters, program specialists, grants, payroll and accounting staff to resolve all ESP related matters.
- Complete all NOWCC ESP materials, e.g. handbook, standard operating procedures, resource and orientation materials, ESP forms, web pages, etc.
- Develop training opportunities to educate ESP stakeholders on all material.
- Provide improvements and manage the NOWCC ESP enrollee management system, customer service center, grants tracking and reporting, and website.
- Develop an ESP stakeholder communications plan and outreach plan.
- Create and maintain consistent communication with current ESP clients and Program leaders (e.g. emails and monthly newsletters, etc.)
- Conduct periodic outreach visits with USDA ESP current and potential stakeholders involved with the ESP to grow the program.
- Provide periodic updates to the Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team.
- Improve NOWCC’s capacity to design, deliver and implement experienced services programs
- Perform other duties as assigned and the position description is subject to change at any time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Operational experience with non-profit, for-profit and government sectors desired, with preference for demonstrated ability to implement and manage government grant programs
- Demonstrated ability to serve on and lead successful business and/or program teams
- Demonstrated ability to develop and use program support systems and tools
- Demonstrated success as collaborator and problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience handling multiple priorities effectively
- Strong project and people management skills required
- Experience with HR and/or workforce planning, grants management and projects preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
- 10+ years operational and management experience with progressive responsibilities in national, regional or state programs, including creating and managing budgets
Physical requirements include the dexterity to reach, stand, climb, move, finger keyboards, lift light loads, and the ability to also function in a stationary position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
NOWCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a work environment free from discrimination and harassment in any form. It is NOWCC’s policy to comply with all applicable laws that provide equal opportunity in employment for all persons and to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment.