Did you know that Encore Learning provides academic classes, clubs and events to meet the continuing educational and social interests of anyone over age 50, regardless of residence location? Would you like to help engage our 1000+ enthusiastic members in meaningful programs? Our services are now especially vital during the pandemic through virtual engagement. We are a small nonprofit with professional staff working with members and a wealth of esteemed volunteer instructors and committee members.
The Academic Course Coordinator (ACC) executes and supports Encore Learning’s semester courses. The ACC works with Encore Learning’s staff and volunteers to develop a robust course offering for members with volunteer instructors.
- Manage the course proposal process
- Schedule courses, confirm instructors and space
- Prepare course information for publication
- Coordinate course preview to introduce courses to members
- Ensure training and support of class aides
- Coordinate and provide guidance to course instructors
- Prepare course materials
- Ensure classroom A/V needs are provided and supported
- Manage membership database including generating reports
- Manage Encore Learning equipment, laptops, printers
- Ensure distribution, collection and analysis of course evaluations
Qualified applicants will demonstrate experience and ability to:
- Communicate orally and in writing to faculty, volunteers and members
- Compile and prepare documents
- Develop and manage complex course scheduling
- Operate and instruct users on utilizing A/V equipment
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty, volunteers and members
- Effectively utilize software tools including member/course management database, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Google Suite
- Manage both in-person classes in Arlington and virtual classes on Zoom
- Be flexible
The Academic Course Coordinator will work a range of 10-25 hours a week resulting in an average of 15 hours a week. Time off may be planned and schedule adjusted based on the ACC’s availability, however, there are required work hours from 9:30-2:30 during certain weeks of the semester. Work may be completed both remotely and onsite in Arlington. In person classes are hosted at George Mason University Arlington campus and other Arlington locations. Encore Learning is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2002. We help meet the continuing educational and social interests of anyone over age 50, regardless of residence location. Through courses and other activities, members explore and share new ideas and develop new friendships inside and outside of classrooms. This vital position reports to the Executive Director and will join a capable team of five part-time staff.
There are no employment benefits in this position. It is paid hourly at a range of $22-27 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
2110 Washington Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22204 703/228-2144 www.encorelearning.net
Encore Learning does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.