7News is seeking an energetic, smart, curious and creative Social Media Manager. In this role, you will be tasked with coordinating with our on-air talent and field crews to build their stories throughout the day so web and social content is fresh and timely on our site and will fit the speed needed to update online web content in today’s media landscape.
You must be someone who understands how to grow our audience by social engagement. At ‘7 News On Your Side’, we are committed to reaching our diverse communities and social media is a great place to make connections. This role will be charged daily with growing engagement across our station’s social media platforms in attempt to ultimately grow traffic on site. As we continue to try to increase our station’s web and social presence, this role will be vital to not only educate our talent but also driving social metrics for the station.
Some of the duties of this role include:
- Leading social media posting and strategy, coordinating and putting together plans for big social events
- Coordinating and leading social training sessions for talent
- Deeply diving into web and social analytics of not just our station but also our competition, to see where we can improve and what we should change about our overall social strategy
- Work with reporters in field to build stories from social content throughout the day
- Look for viral, shareable content online that can increase web traffic and social engagement
- Degree in marketing or a related field preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.