We’re looking for a couple of new people to join our family-owned neighborhood bottle shop team. The Crystal City Wine Shop has been in National Landing, as the area is now known, for roughly a decade and in our current location for about eight years. We have a small team of employees that serve a community of regulars, delivery customers, community clients, and corporate customers with the belief that the right beverage can make any situation better!
Our Store Associates are responsible for the general operation of the Shop and for customer’s experience. They engage with customers to help them locate beverages that meet their needs, answer basic questions, and complete transactions. Their duties include:
- Greeting customers and answering basic inquiries.
- Basic inventory management.
- Following Tasting Bar protocol and learning about featured wines.
- Operating the Point-of-Sale, delivery partner portals, e-commerce, and other technology required for Shop operations.
- Opening and Closing procedures.
- Light cleaning.
- Assisting the Assistant Manager in performing the functions necessary for the operation of the Shop in the absence of the store ownership.
- And, other tasks and duties as assigned by the Owner & Assistant Manager.
We have a few qualifications that we like to see in our Store Associates:
- Basic wine/beer knowledge, enthusiasm for the subject, and a willingness to learn!
- Ability to lift/carry 40 lbs (a single case of wine or beer) repeatedly.
- Self-motivated, can multi-task, be creative and work independently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends.
- Smartphone/Internet access.
Part-time position with negotiable work days, based on availability within the current schedule. Salary based on experience.