Application Deadline: June 9, 2023
Grants and Finance Accountant
The Stimson Center, a global foreign policy think tank promoting international security, shared prosperity, and justice, seeks a full-time Grants and Contracts Accountant to join a tight-knit and productive team. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accountant will support the Finance and Program Management team with an array of financial functions, budget and grants management, record keeping, planning and analysis, and general operations. The ideal candidate is proactive, detail-oriented, organized, innovative, and a problem-solver who juggles multiple priorities with ease.
Our Washington DC Office. Position is eligible for telework for up to 3 days per week. Staff must be residing in the DC/MD/VA area.
- Perform AP and AR and related functions;
- Maintain the Anybill AP system and filing system for W-9s and authorization forms;
- Prepare 1099s at year-end;
- Manage the corporate credit card program;
- Assist with annual audit preparation;
- Develop and manage grant budgets for new and continuing programs and projects;
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/periodic financial reports for assigned programs;
- Review the transactions and finances of the assigned projects on a monthly basis;
- Manage the grants proposals and reports calendar and timeline;
- Assist with program budget analysis; and
- Assist in developing and maintaining processes and systems.
- A bachelor's degree in finance and/or accounting;
- Minimum of 2 years work experience managing accounting functions and federal grants; experience with non-profits preferred;
- Knowledge of GAAP, particularly as it applies to accounting requirements of nonprofit organizations preferred;
- Meticulous organizational skills, attention to detail, and love for processes and systems;
- Customer service focus with strong interpersonal skills;
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and an ability to respond to requests quickly;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and schedule work activities while managing time efficiently;
- Ability to follow instructions as may be directed, but capacity to self-manage;
- Willingness to solicit and impart feedback to improve processes;
- An innovative spirit, a way with people, a calm-under-pressure and flexible approach when things move quickly;
- Confidentiality and discretion, accountability, professionalism, and commitment to excellence; and
- Intermediate Excel skills and familiarity with SalesForce, QuickBooks, and Adaptive or similar accounting/budget management systems preferred.
Submit cover letter and resume.
Stimson is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports, and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable laws.