About this Job
Start Your Career in Healthcare with ScribeAmerica! No Previous Experience Required!
Joining ScribeAmerica’s team as a Scribe will be one of the most impactful and rewarding experiences of your life. A Scribe is on the “front-line” of healthcare, serving as an integral member of the care team and acting as a physician’s personal efficiency partner. While a Scribe does not perform clinical work (e.g., does not touch patients, does not practice medicine), they are completely immersed in the healthcare ecosystem by standing elbow-to-elbow with a physician or nurses for 8+ hours each day.
Whether it’s helping you gain entrance into medical/nursing school, giving you priceless advice and insight, or just leading by example as a consummate professional, your partnering physician will profoundly affect your future as a healthcare professional. Your Scribe experience—the people you meet, the relationships you develop, the encounters you witness— will change your life! Don’t wait, apply to be a Scribe today!
- Offers one-on-one time with physicians and other healthcare providers
- Exposure to an emergency, inpatient, or outpatient environment
- Observe a wide variety of cases from trauma to pediatrics
- Develop lasting relationships with your partnering physicians with the potential for letters of recommendation
- Paid training to all hired employees that provides a crash course in medicine including terminology, disease processes, procedures, medications, medical decision making, and more
- Great alternative career for those of CNA, MA, EMT, or Paramedic backgrounds
- Flexible scheduling for college students
As a scribe you will:
- Accompany the healthcare provider into patient examination rooms in order to transcribe the patient’s history, physical exam findings, consultations, labs, X-rays, and other evaluations, as stated by the provider, directly into the medical record
- Prepare plans for follow-up care, as directed by the provider
- Process admitted and discharge paperwork
- Provide advanced support to providers, including documenting phone calls, alerting the physician with labs/radiology reports are complete, grabbing faxes, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Weekday availability - (ie M-F 8am-5pm)
- The minimum availability required for our medical scribe position is 2 shifts per week; shifts range from 8 to 12 hours long*
- It is the Company's hope that this will be a long-term position.* This is not intended to be a seasonal position
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a passion for medicine and a desire to grow
- Must be adaptable and be willing to take constructive criticism
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate a computer and/or laptop through proficient typing, clicking, and viewing a monitor for extended periods
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute preferred
- Ability to move about and follow a healthcare provider for extended periods of time
- Ability to read, write, comprehend through listening, and speak fluent English
- Must have a computer or access to a computer for virtual/online training
*Any potential employment with the Company is at-will. Nothing within this document/application, nor any Company policy or statements should be considered a commitment to employment for any definite period of time, and scheduling, hours worked, and project assignment(s), etc. may change based on business needs.
Doctors save lives. Scribes save doctors.
ScribeAmerica is the largest international Medical Scribe company in the Healthcare industry; we are the nation's most frequently used and largest professional scribe training and management company, present in over 2,500 healthcare facilities, in 50 states and employing more than 15,000 scribes. For nearly 20 years, ScribeAmerica has remained the nation's largest and most progressive Medical Scribe Company. Serving over 3,500 partners in all 50 states, our dedicated team of project managers custom design, hire, train and manage medical scribe programs specific to our partner's needs. These successes provide us with expertise that is unparalleled in the industry. Our medical scribes have been able to prove time and time again that they can master any electronic medical record system, while dramatically increasing physician productivity. We've even successfully pioneered the concept of using scribes to mitigate the decrease in efficiency during EHR implementation- the nation's first!