CRi is a non-profit agency that provides quality services to help empower individuals with a wide range of disabilities to live independently and with the highest possible quality of life. Our main office is located in Chantilly, VA and we provide services throughout the DMV area.
Provides supportive counseling, training, and community integration to individuals with intellectual disabilities and/or behavioral issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists or instructs consumers on Activities of Daily Living (ADLs).
- Provides care to consumers as defined by their ISP (Individualized Service Plan).
- Interact with consumers in a professional manner adhering to all human rights guidelines.
- Monitors the administration of medication as necessary.
- Transports consumers to all activities and appointments as specified by supervisor.
- Completes all required clinical documentation including progress notes, incident reports, and data tracking according to agency policies.
- Follows Community Residences Health, Safety, and Emergency guidelines.
- Performs and/or assists in household maintenance to maintain a safe and positive environment. Must complete all requirements of the environment checklist daily. The checklist would include cooking, cleaning, fire safety, and shopping.
- Communicates effectively with all community and CR contacts.
- Assist consumers in meal preparation to include cooking, eating with consumers, eating similar food, as well as role modeling appropriate interpersonal and social behaviors at mealtime.
- Follow program specific guidelines for consumer oversight and supervision.
- Maintains contact with consumers' family members, program managers and appropriate community contacts.
- Assists/Monitors consumers' medications, physical health, and mental health as appropriate.
- Performs work as directed by supervisor.
- Must dress in a clean and appropriate manner suitable to the requirements of the position and/or the occasion.
- Basic computers skill which would include completing online agency time sheets, online agency clinical documentation, checking agency email, and computerized online agency training.
- Performs property management, work orders, fire drills, etc.
- Intervenes in crisis.
- Assists with vehicle maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Must have Bachelor's degree in Human Services Field and at least one (1) year of relevant work experience.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Should be in good physical condition and requires some lifting, and physical intervention for hazardous behavior.
- Requires light and/or heaving lifting, repetitive bending, sight, hearing, and ability to move with ease.
- Residential home and community.
- Must observe universal precautions.
Compensation: (Full-Time 40hrs) $41361 annually w/ compensatory time and benefits-eligible
*CRi offers company-paid benefits including health insurance options, 403(b) retirement fund, and life insurance for employees who are benefits-eligible!