The Litter Collection position will be an outdoor job function where the employee will be working in groups to clean up all the debris laying throughout the road, park/playground, and other specific areas identified in the contract and/ or areas specified by management.
- Identify and note the main areas of litter collection for the city of Falls Church (other locations available) by visual inspection.
- Litter collection – includes cigarette butts, food remnants, food wrappers, food containers, beverage containers (bottles, cans, cartons), napkins, paper (including straw wrappers), and any additional solid waste that is on the ground.
- Carry out regular litter collection at all public spaces, play areas, parks, and external areas or pavilions.
- Manually picks up and carries large trash bags and cleans up the debris stuck on fence line.
- Report any graffiti and vandalism to management on a daily basis.
- To keep areas clean and tidy and free from waste on a daily basis.
- Collects reusable items or waste materials, such as paper, rags, fiber, and bottles, in barrels, or other containers, using a hand truck or wheelbarrow.
- Transporting trash, litter, and waste to the disposal area.
- Responsible for working with a positive team spirit and producing quality work.
- Responsible for following safety standards and guidelines in the proper use of the equipment and other activities.
- Responsible for appropriate conduct and decorum as dictated by Didlake policy.
- Other duties as assigned by the Mobile Crew Manager.
Didlake, Inc. is a non-profit rehabilitation services organization. At Didlake, creating opportunities that enrich the lives of people with disabilities is our mission. Since 1965, Didlake has served thousands of people with significant disabilities by providing training, job placement, employment opportunities and day support services. We provide rewarding and purposeful work.