Accounts Payable Coordinator
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
Conservation International is seeking a detail and customer service oriented individual for the position of Accounts Payable Coordinator. The Accounts Payable Coordinator works closely with the Accounts Payable Manager to ensure accuracy and compliance of all outgoing payments within Conservation International standards and IRS regulations. This includes review of vendor setup within the accounting system, review of invoices and expense reports, and initiation of wire payments in the banking system. This individual must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be detail oriented and a team player.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review and approve new vendor requests with corresponding tax forms, review and approve all invoices, including grant payments, consultant payments, and other vendor payments paid out of the US in our accounting system, BusinessWorld. Review supporting documentation (invoices, contracts, etc.) and selection of correct account coding. Work directly with Program staff to resolve any questions or discrepancies.
- Review and approve US employees’ expense reports in Concur for appropriate documentation, correct coding, and compliance with CI policies.
- Initiate wire payments in Bank of America banking software to be approved by AP Manager, and update and manage new and existing banking information.
- Assist in training new employees on CI Finance policies and the use of BusinessWorld for vendor setups, payment requests, and expense reporting. Also assist in training employees regarding CI Finance policies.
- Research transactions or vendor history for Programs and outside vendors.
- Create/ maintain W9 and W8 files, maintain/update Corporate credit card agreements on file.
- Assist AP Manager on yearly 1099 reporting research/ preparation and audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position is located in the Arlington, VA offices of Conservation International
- Normal office environment
- 1+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Strong customer service skills, organized, attentive to details, and able to prioritize and multi-task
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in accounting or business-related degree.
- Knowledge of BusinessWorld and Concur systems.