Our client is hiring a permanent, full-time Senior Finance Associate. This position reports directly to the Director of Finance and Administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare monthly allocation journal entries from data files for payroll and project expenditures;
- Ensure expenses posted by staff are submitted and recorded timely and coded correctly;
- Review monthly financial project expenditure reports prepared by accounting staff;
- Prepare/design budget templates to assist organization staff with grant and project budgets, pre and post award;
- Assist with financial and project audits/site visits;
- Report, record and reconcile investment activities;
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls as required under GAAP;
- In conjunction with the Director of Finance and Administration, ensure financial compliance with federal regulations and foundation guidelines, as applicable;
- Work closely with funders, subcontractors, and headquarters to ensure accurate and timely billing, and payments;
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and Administration.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Personally committed to advancing the company's mission, goals, values, and programs
- Knowledge and direct experience with accounts payable and receivable and payroll process is required.
- Knowledge and direct experience in matters related to independent financial audits and the development and monitoring of internal controls in an organization is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of federal grant rules and regulations, specifically 2 CFR Part 200 and agency-specific requirements.
- Knowledge of federal grants, grant management and grant accounting is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of accounting practices related to private foundation grants and contracts from federal, state and municipal governments is encouraged.
- Knowledge or experience in using enterprise resource planning (ERP) platforms and accounting systems such as JAMIS Prime ERP or others is a plus.
- A high level of expertise in developing, modifying and performing quality control of basic AND complex Microsoft Excel spreadsheets is required.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, maturity, and the ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Efficient, organized work style, and an ability to prioritize quickly and confidently while managing multiple deadlines
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required; Master’s degree preferred
- Must have a minimum of 7-10 years accounting experience, with a strong preference for non-profit or association accounting experience
- Must have a minimum of 3 years direct experience managing, reviewing, approving or involvement in federal grants management
- Ability to handle sensitive information and materials
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient in using Microsoft products, especially Excel
SALARY RANGE: This is a full-time position.Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits package.
Must agree to a background investigation and must be authorized to work in the United States.
POSITION LOCATION: Position will work in Arlington, VA
- ERP platforms: 5 years (Preferred)
- independent financial audit: 5 years (Preferred)
- 2 CFR Part 200: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 7 years (Required)
- federal grant rules and regulations: 3 years (Preferred)
- non-profit or association accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- foundation/private contracts accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off