As educators, policymakers, and program developers increase reliance on evidence-based practices, SRI Education is helping to create evidence and supporting schools across the country to identify and implement appropriate evidence-based practices. We provide critical research and evaluation services, develop innovative solutions to current education challenges, and provide training and technical assistance to strengthen learning outcomes for all students in elementary, secondary, and postsecondary education and training programs.
We are seeking an experienced professional —Senior Education Researcher & Technical Assistance (TA) Specialist—who can support diverse research and TA activities in areas that include:
- Educator development and teaching quality
- Integrated academic and career-technical education, college and career readiness, and workforce development
- STEM education
- Digital learning
- Equity in education
The successful applicant will bring strong research and TA skills, and the ability to provide day-to-day leadership on large and complex projects, including the ability to effectively communicate with diverse clients, research site coordinators, and educators. We seek a senior researcher who can develop and deliver state-of-the-art TA grounded in evidence; develop data collection tools, methods, and research designs to address research questions; lead and carry out data collection and analysis; and write reports and interpret specific analyses. The successful candidate also will need to apply excellent interpersonal and communication skills with field sites, study and TA participants, clients, and colleagues inside and outside of SRI.
We seek a candidate who can also manage project schedules and budgets, contribute to and lead proposal development, write papers for publication in journals, present at conferences, and supervise and mentor more junior staff. The successful candidate will see this position as an opportunity to advance education research and evidence use through TA and program evaluation.
The Senior Education Researcher & TA Specialist should have the following:
- PhD in the social sciences
- 1-5 years’ experience in related education research, technical assistance, or educator professional development.
- Experience in research and technical assistance post-PhD and with project and proposal leadership is preferred.
Successful candidates should also have:
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills and methodological expertise in research and TA on large projects designed to advance educational equity for all, regardless of background, language, family income, or location.
- The candidate’s experience must also demonstrate the ability to collaborate and take individual responsibility to complete work on time and to the highest standards of quality, and proven capabilities in writing well-structured, clear, and concise TA products, technical reports, and/or proposals.