Do you thrive in a work environment that offers daily variety and helps others? Do you want to make a difference in the community where you live? This might be the position for you! An employment specialist (CRS) is a community-based human services position, responsible for assisting individuals with barriers to secure meaningful employment, completing employment assessments, providing and/or arranging the necessary job supports to ensure success, and documenting progress at the job site. This position will cover the area of Hyattsville, MD to Wheaton, MD (Montgomery County-Rockville, Gaithersburg, Hyattsville, College Park, Greenbelt)
What makes our culture unique?
- We think outside the box – tailoring a position to the skills of the team member and the clients we serve.
- We have fun! Holiday gatherings, team meetings, award ceremonies, team building events and celebratory dinners!
- Mobility within the company to transfer and take on leadership roles.
- Extensive training program – team members have the opportunity to shadow and learn from other successful CRS’s.
- Advanced technology – can access notes and client information via an extensive portal.
Daily activities might include:
- Supporting individuals with barriers in cultivating meaningful employment.
- Career coaching: developing goals, resume writing and interview prep.
- Creatively targeting jobs for clients and advocating on their behalf.
- Inspiring success at work by training, supporting, and monitoring individuals at job sites.
- Partnering with local business and employers to identify work opportunities.
What does community-based look like?
- You transport clients throughout the community to and from work sites ** You must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and motor vehicle insurance in which your name is included as a driver on the policy **
- You’re not spending your day at a desk or in a cubicle!
- You meet with your clients out in the community, whether it’s at a Starbucks, Panera Bread, etc.
- You have a list of priorities, but how you organize those throughout the month is up to you.
Come help change the world of work!
Send your best resume to email@example.com or submit an application via www.workopportunities.net/careers.
Questions? Call us at 1-866-761-1347