Abile Group has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Network Engineer supporting an Intelligence Community Customer. The right candidate will possess the below skills and qualifications and be ready to handle all responsibilities independently and professionally.
- Responsible for configuring, managing, monitoring, and maintaining government Command and Control (C2) network devices and some application servers.
- The Network Engineer will manage the installation, configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting of hardware/software for network devices used on a government network for that purpose.
- The position will also include the management of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phones, call managers, and gateways.
Additional duties include:
- Evaluate LAN/WAN performance and capacities to identify problem areas or bottlenecks
- Perform a variety of network management services related to the operation, performance, or availability of data communications networks
- Responsibility for overall performance and availability of networks Provide LAN/WAN support with skill in network analysis, integration, and tuning.
- Analyze client LANs/WANs, isolate source of problems recommend reconfiguration and implementation of new network hardware to increase performance
- Work with customers and operations staff in scheduling preventive and emergency maintenance to include resolution of customer tickets
- Candidate will be required to support on call duty for responding to network outages
- Candidate will be required to travel to local and CONUS/OCONUS sites
Qualifications Clearance Required: Top Secret
Degree and Years of Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or similar technical field) and 3+ years relevant professional experience; or commensurate education and experience.
Required Certifications: Security+ or equivalent DOD 8570 IAT Level Certification
- 3 years of experience with networking technologies and concepts such as Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols.
- 2 years of experience with Cisco and Juniper devices, VLANs, VPNs, LAN/WAN technologies, and/or routing & switching.
- Cisco CCNA (Route/Switch or Collaboration) required, CCNP desired.
- 2 years operational experience with local and wide area network infrastructures, including routers, firewalls, switches, servers, and related hardware.
- Experience in several of the following areas: network troubleshooting, routers/switches, Cisco IOS/Junos OS, firewalls, NetScout/Wireshark or any other packet investigation/analysis tools, SolarWinds monitoring or database tools, Call Manager & unity or other OSCP, DNS, QoS, VPN.
Ability to generate documentation that describes standard operating procedures, which will be used by helpdesk personnel. Previous experience supporting a Government and/or Department of Defense customer.
Proficient in network monitoring/management systems familiarity
Solid written and verbal communication skills Experience with application of DoD IAVAs and STIGs
Strong investigative drive and listening skills, self-motivated individuals
The ability to work under pressure and be flexible with their time Ability to prioritize and document tasks is a plus