Job Title: Driver (EVOC)
LifeCare is proud to say we are growing! Due to our recent expansions, we are looking for qualified employees for both full-time and part-time positions.
Description:The driver provides patient transportation to/from medical appointments and healthcare facilities. Provides assistance to EMT's with moving and transporting patients in emergent and non-emergent settings.
Driving position requires an Emergency Vehicle Operators Certification as opposed to a CDL. Certification can be obtained through LifeCare Medical Transports Inc. EVOC Course is free for full-time employees. Applicants who are part-time or do not come onboard will be charged a small fee for the course.
LifeCare’s EVOC Course is a hybrid course. Modules are completed online in your own time. Then a range and skills check will be performed in person; with a cognitive exam covering the material you learned during the online modules. EVOC range is conducted once a month.
Positions are available in Northern Virginia (Woodbridge and North of Woodbridge is in our service area. Station is located in Springfield- but we have staging locations throughout Northern Virginia.), Fredericksburg, Richmond, Charlottesville, Martinsville, Roanoke, Danville, Newport News and Norfolk.
Full-Time requires employees to work three 13 hour shifts a week. Part-Time is required to work a minimum of three 13 hour shifts a month.
All required certifications can be obtained through LifeCare with provided DMV record from applicant.
Must be 21 years old to operate ambulances and emergency/transport vehicles.
- Certified EVOC Operator (Can be obtained through LifeCare EVOC program)
- Current CPR, must be HealthCare Provider CPR (Can be obtained with LifeCare)
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License with no negative points.
- Minimum age requirement of twenty-one
- Pass a criminal background check
- FEMA ICS 100, 200, 700 & 800b (Can be obtained for free through FEMA website)
- HAZMAT (Can be obtained for free through FEMA website)
- TIMS (Can be obtained through VDOT or State Police for free)
- PASS Certification (Can be provided by LifeCare)
You can apply on line at www.lifecare94.com
Any questions can be directed to HR at LifeCare Medical Transports Inc. Corporate Offices. (540) 752-7721
Pay rates differ based on region and certification levels. May be discussed upon completion of interview and employment offer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time