PLEASE NOTE: This position is currently located at the Potomac Yards, VA EPA Office, However, this office will be moving to the Washington, DC EPA location in a few months. Current wage for the position is $12.72 but will increase to $14.00/hour once the move occurs (adhering to DC minimum wage)
Maintain OPP's regulatory file library; assess and inventory the library and proposed strategies and solutions for optimizing procedures; and interact with the National Archives and Records Administration concerning library files.
- Maintain OPP's regulatory file library by creating new entries, assessing and responding to requests for regulatory files, and maintaining systematic records of the location of file and/or the individual to whom the file is checked out. 60%
- Assess the inventory OPP regulatory file library using inventory software and hardware and propose solutions and strategies for optimizing procedures as well as problem solving to locate missing files. 30%
- Interact with the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) to ensure that files are properly archived and retrieved when necessary 10%
BA/BS Degree in Library science, information mgmt./technology or related degree OR Minimum of 5 year(s) of experience in Library science or information or records management/technology Previously completed training in Library science or information or records management/technology
- Good interpersonal skills and very good computer skills.
- Experience required with MS Word, Excel
- Portable data terminal (PDT)
- Any skills described in Section 6 above.