SRI Education is committed to bringing rigorous research and evaluation data to bear on important programmatic and policy decisions concerning K–12 public education. We are seeking to hire a research assistant who will work as a team member on our projects.
Assignments will include work on multiple ongoing projects related to school reform, teaching quality, and transitions to higher education and the workforce. Responsibilities may include conducting literature and Web research, scheduling and participating in site visits to schools, conducting interviews, contributing to survey development, managing survey administration and database construction and maintenance, analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, and preparing reports and presentations.
The position offers opportunities for professional growth and promotion.
- An interest in K–12 education policy at the state and federal level and a passion to improve education for all students
- Some research experience involving qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies/statistics
- Organized, attentive to detail, have the ability to prioritize tasks and take initiative
- Good people skills, a desire to learn, and the ability to communicate clearly, including strong writing skills
- Knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Work or volunteer experience in or with the US public K–12 education system
- Bachelor’s degree