Redhorse is hiring a Data Scientist with experience in Machine Learning who will provide technical support to study the existing Navy analysis and research holdings as models to follow, analyze Navy analysis and research products and extract and categorize key terms and common adjectives and develop common object attributes. They will develop data labeling models to follow, support development of analysis and research labeling framework, assist in the development of data labeling standards and identify analysis and research sample sets from which to build data labeling training sets. The role is in the Washington DC area (Reston and Arlington).
Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials include:
- US Citizen with active SECRET clearance (an active TS//SCI clearance preferred)
- Apply statistical analysis to complex, real-world problems through massive data sets
- 5+ years of data science, machine learning, and/or deep learning experience to include model development and deployment in Apache Spark, scikit-learn, Tensorflow or other libraries
- Demonstrable experience in a variety of data science techniques to include neural network development
- 5+ years working classified intelligence, technical reports and scientific documents relating to the military
- Advanced quantitative data manipulation, specifically the acquisition, processing, storage, retrieval, and analysis of U.S. military reports and documents
- Must possess the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy in both oral and written modes.
- Must be able to work effectively under time constraints and potentially changing priorities, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, team environment, including on government site where availability of advanced development/database tools may be limited
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, or Computer Science
- Masters Degree, preferably in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, or Computer Science
- Experience with Apache Spark, Tensorflow, and other salient data science libraries in Python
- Experience with identifying and gathering operational and military data from DOD organizations and systems
- Experience with national or military capabilities and their use
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) development, including merging and normalizing related data sources
- Amazon Cloud / AWS experience (or C2S cloud development)
The work environment for this position requires an individual to be able to:
- Work sitting or standing at a desk or conference table for extended periods of time with the ability to shift positions while working: sit, stand, pace, adjust positioning in any of those without issue
- Walk in the office to collaborate with co-workers, attend meetings or retrieve documents from printer
- Ability to carry up to 10 pounds
Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorse’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorse’s sole discretion