Position Description: The Contractor shall perform the following duties and responsibilities for the Accounting Unit:
- Participate in the development of new or improved programs that interface with the general ledger (SOAR/Oracle) to serve the needs of the Office of Finance & Treasury (OFT). Assists with the implementation of OFT system interfaces in the general ledger system (D.I.F.S and TMS)
- Perform analysis round OFT receivables, revenue and cash to ensure all accounting information is accurately recorded, reconciled and reported.
- Assist with the monthly and year end closing process and audit.
- Help to document processes and write policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The Contractor shall, at minimum, have the following qualifications.
- Financial Analyst shall have knowledge of accounting and auditing laws, particularly in the areas of accounts receivables, cash and revenue.
- Financial Analyst shall have 3+ years of experience in general ledger close process, including generating reports for analysis, data mining and providing clear written variance explanations.
- A BS degree in Accounting or Finance; or 5+ years monthly close experience as part of an accounting unit.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills (Vlookups, Pivot tables), other MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams), Accounting System experience (ie. Oracle, Peoplesoft, Quickbooks, Tableau)