JOB DESCRIPTION: Must have Accrural Accounting experience
Our client is comprised of over 520 governing boards, and over 6,500 trustees who govern public and private community, technical and junior colleges across the U.S. They are seeking an experienced Accounting /Financial Analysis Specialist with substantial accounting knowledge and skills and extensive experience providing services to non-profits.
The position will work onsite at their downtown headquarters in Washington, DC.
This position is responsible for ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of cash, credit and deposit transactions as well as preparing reports as needed. The specialist will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and the Finance and Operations Management Officer to ensure that the accounting operations and banking functions of the organization run smoothly.
• Ensure that income, expenses, payroll, and other data are entered correctly into accounting software system.
• Prepare monthly schedules for grants, cash reconciliation, investments, membership dues, labor allocation, grants, prepaids and amortization.
• Reconciliation of bank accounts, credit cards, and merchant accounts.
• Assist the CFO with the preparation of monthly financial statements for management and the Board.
• Assist in organizational planning to ensure achievement of financial budgeting objectives.
• Assist and advise staff on budgets for funding proposals and detailed organization budget and cash flow projections.
• Assist with the preparation of annual filings for Forms 1099’s, 990 and 5500.
• Assist with the preparation of financials reports for the annual audit.
• Other special projects, program analysis, miscellaneous bookkeeping related tasks as needed.
• At least 5+ years financial reporting, particularly month-end close experience utilizing a proficient working knowledge of accounting software, INTACCT preferred
• Minimum of two (2) years with big 4 or major public accounting (auditing/outsourcing) experience
• Advanced knowledge of accrual accounting, especially for non-profit organizations
• Accounting degree required; CPA preferred
• Advanced working knowledge of Excel
• Experience working with a non-profit organization
• Friendly and cooperative work style
• Self-starter, detail-oriented and efficient
note* The client will pay a minimum of $25/hr. for the right candidate. Once the temp to hire position converts to permanent the salary could go up to the low $70k range.