ECDC- Enterprise Development Group- 901 S. Highland Street, Arlington, Virginia 22204
Loan and Technical Assistant Manager
Status: Full time/Exempt
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Loan and Technical Assistance Manager will work for achievement of EDG’s goals and targets including:
- Increasing the existing loan portfolio,
- Identifying new business development,
- Managing loan risk on the existing loan portfolio, and,
- Actively preventing attrition in the loan portfolio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the loan officers and portfolio management team
- Manage the performance of loan portfolio
- Initiate, maintain and strengthen relationships with new and existing clients, operating companies, sponsors and brokers as well as local, regional and national community-based organizations.
- Grow the existing loan portfolio by specified budgeted amounts annually
- Retain existing borrowers in the loan portfolio by actively preventing loan attrition.
- Review financial statements, tax returns, rent rolls and cash flow projections
- Determine and track risk ratings and loan service trends by performing and overseeing the annual loan review process; track and alert senior management of any negative trends within the portfolio.
- Perform stress tests as well as global cash flow analysis on new and existing borrowers.
- Identify new business development and cross sell EDG’s suite of products.
- Prepare monthly reports, including exception tracking reports and share with Senior Management.
- When applicable, review loan documentation for accuracy prior to delivery to borrower and/or to closing.
- Prepare loan monitoring reports on a regular schedule to review overall asset quality, including performance against original underwriting expectations
- Perform regular sight visits on properties within the loan portfolio as well as make regular visits to clients to maintain and grow existing relationships.
- Read and understand loan documents and implement corrective actions if borrowers are not in compliance with agreements, including implementing agreed actions for any non-compliance as warranted
- Conduct site visits as necessary and prepare site visit reports for loans in the portfolio in accordance with lending procedures.
- Conduct annual staff performance appraisals and salary reviews and recommend personnel actions as appropriate, while developing growth plans for staff.
- Train and cross-train loan administration personnel for efficient operations and to ensure compliance with all internal and regulatory requirements.
- Establish performance standards and objectives for all Loan Administration staff.
- Review workflow and assignments, making changes as needed.
- Ability to underwrite diversified loans
- In-depth knowledge of loan quality and loan analysis
- Proficient in analyzing financial statements of business operations
- Strong underwriting skills and ability to independently resolve complex loan issues and analyze loan risks
- Ability to interact with borrowers as required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, relationship management, and business development skills, working with both private sector financial institutions and public agencies
- Familiar with federal, state, and local government funding sources for capital
- MBA, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in underwriting and analyzing diversified business loans
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of bank products and services
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong leadership/management capabilities.
The Senior Manager, Loan and Technical Assistance will be accountable to the Managing Director, EDG.
ECDC Enterprise Development Group (EDG) offers competitive compensation and benefits.
ECDC EDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing samples, salary requirements and three references via email to Yewubdar Eshete at email@example.com and copy Esayas Gebrehiwot, Managing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.