High Sierra Pools, an industry leader in commercial pool management and aquatic safety, is hiring Lifeguards and Pool Managers for summer outdoor pools in Arlington, Virginia!
If you’ve got good swimming skills and are looking for a fun summer job where you can make a difference in your community, this is the job for you. Flexible summer/seasonal schedules are available including full-time, part-time, and weekends-only work.
What do lifeguards do?
Lifeguards get paid to spend summer at the pool! They keep the pool sparkling clean, make sure patrons follow safety rules, and help everyone enjoy summer at the pool. And of course, they’re fully trained to prevent, recognize and respond to any issues that might come up. Pool managers supervise teams of lifeguards at larger facilities and are certified lifeguards with prior experience.
A few more job perks:
- Competitive pay based on experience, availability, and pool - lifeguard rates from $11.00-15.00/hour
- Not certified yet? No problem! We run courses and offer discounted certification pricing to our employees
- Flexible shifts – work part-time, full-time or weekends-only. Hours are typically mid-day, but some pools offer split shifts.
- Work with friends (and get paid for it with our referral bonuses!)
- Unlimited referral bonus program: $50 for you and $50 for a friend who works at a small pool, or $100/$100 for referring a friend who works at a single-guard pool!
What are the job requirements?
- Valid Lifeguarding/First Aid, CPR-AED, and Bloodborne Pathogens certificates
- Must be at least 16 years of age, or 18 to be a pool manager
- A positive attitude: ready to help others and solve challenges
- Can be counted on: our team (and patrons!) depend on us all being reliable
- Must be able to meet the minimum swimming requirements for American Red Cross Lifeguarding or Shallow Water lifeguarding certification class. More info here: https://highsierrapools.com/lifeguard-courses/
Apply to join our team at HighSierraPools.com. Or call our recruiters at 703-920-1750 ext. 205 for more information!