What Interstate Moving Will Offer You:
Career Growth: Many of our entry-level employees become leaders CDL drivers (Paid CDL Training), operations and other areas. We promote from within based on potential not seniority.
Make Money: You can expect a competitive wage and reliable weekly paycheck. We have year- round
work for guaranteed hours. Plus, a referral program to make extra money referring a friend. Perks/Benefits: Our benefits are but are not limited to health care, dental and vision coverage, discounted membership (OneLife Fitness nationwide), matching 401(k), paid sick & vacation time off and more!
As a mover you will be responsible for Loading and unloading vehicles containing household goods, office furniture or other goods in a safe and careful manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (include the following: Other duties may be assigned.)
- Possess the ability to properly and safely lift, pack, load and unload vehicles as required.
- Write complete and accurate inventory of household contents, office furniture or other goods when required.
- Assist in the inspection of truck assigned for noted damages, flat or worn tires, fluid levels and travel worthiness.
- Assist in the preparation of vehicles before leaving the warehouse to assure that all materials are placed on the vehicle and that any defects are noted.
- Assist when necessary, in any operation of the warehouse.
- Assist in any capacity as directed by the crew leader on the assigned job.
- Must frequently lift and/or move more than 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 250 pounds with the assistance of others and proper equipment.
- Write, speak and understand English.
- Compute basic math concepts
- Apply common sense understanding of written or oral instructions.
- The employee will need to be physically able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- In addition, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and balance.
- The employee will frequently lift and/or move more than 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 250 pounds with the assistance of others and proper equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma (or GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Driver’s Licenses is (preferred).
INTERSTATE OFFERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Paid Training
- Company paid life insurance
- Health and dental insurance
- Gym Membership Plan (Onelife Fitness)
- 401K contribution (Matching)
- Tuition assistance
- Plus more!
Interstate is a growing company in need of talent to join us in the Moving Industry. The Interstate Family of Companies encompasses a worldwide group of transportation, warehousing, relocation management, logistics and real estate solutions serving government, corporate, and individu