Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
With over 900 employees and an organizational budget of $164 million, believes protecting nature benefits all of humanity. Working alongside an exceptional Board of Directors and executive leadership under CEO M. Sanjayan, Conservation International develops solutions to address environmental and economic challenges in collaboration with governments, businesses, private philanthropists and communities in 30 countries around the world.
The Development Coordinator will be at the center of it all, gaining sought-after experience in one of the world’s largest environmental nonprofit organizations that works with people making a difference for the planet. The ideal candidate must possess keen intelligence, excellent verbal and written communication, high-quality computer skills and excellent calendar management experience.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following
- Coordinate schedule for fundraising leadership and provide preparation support, including advance reading and presentation production, for internal and external meeting, including executive and donor meeting.
- Assist in planning for and executing logistical and administrative aspects of staff or department meetings
- Take minutes and distribute follow up materials and tasks from meetings in a timely manner.
- Coordinate Development’s participation in communications products such as the annual report.
- Provide administrative support by processing expense reports and assist with booking and coordinating travel for fundraising leadership.
- Manage acknowledgment process for Major Gift and Board donors.
- Ensure that all relevant information about donors & prospects in the portfolios s/he supports is entered and updated in Raiser's Edge, and generate regular reports (e.g., mailing lists, regional and portfolio giving history).
- Review all revenue and solicitation reports to ensure that they accurately capture fundraising activities.
- Assist with the development and finalization of high-quality proposals and concept papers and reports. Help identify opportunities for specific donor stewardship and outreach around CI priority programs.
- Produce appeal and stewardship mailings to donors in portfolio and appropriate prospects and draft correspondence as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- This position is based in the Conservation International office in Arlington, Virginia
- Normal office environment
- Occasional travel may be required to support account leads and fundraising efforts
- Flexibility in work schedule may be required to accommodate time differences with staff based in different locations
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Proficiency in database operations, Microsoft Office applications, and basic computer operations
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple processes at a given time
- Must be organized with strong attention to detail, proofreading skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team framework
- Ability to function well in a multicultural, diverse, and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a geographically dispersed team and to communicate with staff at offsite locations. This includes comfort with communicating via phone, Skype, etc
- A Bachelor’s degree or up to four years of college-level work
- Experience working with high-level executives
- Experience with fundraising and development at an NGO
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or other donor management or CRM software
- Interest in global conservation