POSITION DESCRIPTION: Phoenix Bikes is a dynamic non-profit community bike shop with a mission to educate youth, promote bicycling, and build community. Our incredible supporters—including individual donors, business sponsors, and bike shop customers—make it possible for us to offer our youth programs entirely free of cost and to offer repairs and sales under market value, so that we can serve the under-served in our community. We are looking for a detail-oriented self-starter to help us reach, steward and thank our supporters; expand our visibility in the community; and ensure that organizational operations run smoothly. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Ensure all donor and gift data is entered accurately and quickly in our Salesforce database; print and send acknowledgement letters to thank donors for their giving; and implement processes that improve the management of donor data.
- Assist with the planning, writing and logistical coordination of donor mailings.
- Maintain a calendar of grant deadlines and assist in preparing grant applications and reports.
- Provide logistical pre-event and day-of support for events, such as a spring gala, workshops, and rides.
- Share about Phoenix Bikes at various events, including some evenings and weekends.
- Strengthen our social media presence on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter by creating compelling content, engaging with followers, and maximizing the impact of our paid advertisements.
- Coordinate the writing and distribution of e-newsletters.
- Create flyers, marketing materials and Phoenix-branded swag.
- Assist with website updates.
- Respond to general inquiries by phone and email.
- Handle the daily reconciliation of bike shop sales.
- Prepare and make bank deposits of all donations and other income.
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll.
- Assist the Executive Director in documenting and streamlining office processes to increase efficiency.
- Provide general clerical support, including processing mail, filing and running errands.
- A minimum of one year of development or communications experience, preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize work, and manage deadlines.
- Process-oriented and eager to solve problems.
- Highly attentive to details.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs and Google Sheets.
- Experience using databases; Salesforce experience preferred.
- English fluency required.
- 15 days paid time off, 5 sick days and paid federal holidays.
- Eligible for overtime pay.
- Group health insurance.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send a short cover letter and resume (attached in PDF or Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development and Communications Assistant” in the subject line.