Forge Group, LLC is a certified 8a, woman-owned, service-disabled, veteran-owned small business (8a, WOSB, SDVOSB) in the federal government marketplace. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, we are a management and IT consulting firm. Just not your typical one. We focus on creating sustainable results, based on strategic decisions and practical actions tailored to our client's unique requirements.
At Forge, we are focused on creating a culture where we continually grow as individuals and as a team, and where our contributions improve our firm, our clients, and our community. We are guided by one primary principle: always do the right thing. We strive to make a difference in the way our employees work and live, the way our clients tackle problems, and the way we interact with our communities.
Forge is always looking for the right blend of experience and personality to join our team. We're searching for engaged individuals who want to work hard, play hard, give back, and enjoy life. If this resonates with you, come make a difference at Forge.
SC Regional Portfolio Manager
Job Description: Forge Group requires a Regional Portfolio Manager to become part of dynamic team supporting the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (OUSD), Security Cooperation Division. Tasks include responding to specific and general requests for support products and programmatic information on Security Assistance and Security Cooperation Programs; building and maintaining tracking sheets; and preparing responses for executive presentations using a mix of briefing platforms and office technologies. This position will work closely with government, and contractor analysts across the security cooperation community in developing and executing innovative security cooperation solutions that support mutual U.S. and partner interests. The work location for this position is Arlington, Virginia, and requires an active secret security clearance.
- Development and maintenance of program tracking tools in the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Meticulous management of defense cooperation projects, budgets, and oversight requirements
- Understanding of DoD programmatic responsibilities for reporting, accountability, and executive support
- Responding to requests for program information by executive leadership
- Quickly research, analyze, and package results in response to short-fused requirements
- Prepare quality presentations on short-notice for executive presentation
- Analyze and identify trends, emerging issues, or future requirements as part of an overarching program planning and implementation process
- Maintain a comprehensive accounting of measures of effectiveness and schedule and progress across the regional security cooperation portfolio
- Design and recommend performance tracking metrics
- Prepare supporting documents, flow-charts, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations
- Maintain Active Security Clearance
- 8+ years of experience in international security cooperation
- 8+ years of experience with program and project management practices, preferably supporting the Department of Defense
- Business Administration related degree a plus
- Security Cooperation experience is a plus
- Experience supporting DoD programs and strategic initiatives
- Strong cross-cultural and multinational negotiation skills
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25% of the time
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to follow security protocols to protect sensitive data
- U.S. Citizen
- Active Security Clearance
Location: Arlington, VA
Salary Range: $110K - $140K
This job posting sets forth the basic authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Written Communication- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Diversity- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Planning/Organizing- Prioritize and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on that data.
- Physical Demands- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, type, or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
This job posting sets forth the basic authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Forge fosters a rich company culture built on a diverse, hard-working employee base. Our staff are the core to our success, and the impetus behind our decisions. In today's corporate culture, there is no longer a line between work and home life. As a result, we focused our benefits approach towards the whole family.
The Forge total compensation model is based on a "choose-your-own adventure approach" allowing each employee to create a comprehensive package of benefits and perks tailored towards his or her needs. Examples of benefits included in our total compensation package include:
- Complete flex-time
- 401K with employer matching
- Healthcare including medical, dental, and vision
- Extended Short-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Dependent Care Assistance
- FSA and Pre-Tax Premium Options
- Health and wellness programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- 529 Plan Employer Contributions
- Alternative work locations and tele-commuting
Forge Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity [and/or] Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.