Job Title: Senior Web Content Administrator
Job ID #: 12701
Location: Washington, DC
Career Band: BDB
To manage the development and implementation of Internet Web Sites in conjunction with business areas and IT with a particular emphasis on content development, user experience, user interface development and the management of an enterprise content management tool. Works closely with staff and management throughout the organization to ensure that their Internet communications goals are clearly defined and met, and aligned with FEPOC corporate goals.
Acts as subject matter expert for Customer Strategic Planning team and provides oversight for content management. Provides professional judgment and expertise to internal business clients in the development and support of corporate initiatives and campaigns targeting all Plan partners and FEPDO stakeholders. Also develops and supports multimedia (video, photographer, graphics, online surveys) used to deliver key messages to internal and, when required, external audiences.
Works closely with the Product Manager, FEP Portal Products, content business owners, and Strategic Communications to ensure that their daily online content and communications are delivered efficiently and effectively on FEPOC BlueWeb subnet and related websites. When required, also supports similar functions for content on external-facing FEPOC websites.
Ensures all CareFirst standards are followed on new intranet pages, websites, and other online properties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Directs the development of Web sites to support business areas. Performs a needs analysis and matches needs to web capabilities to ensure the new site meets business needs. Provides ongoing support to business owners to make changes and enhancements to the site using BlueWeb content management system or other web development tools as appropriate.
- Creates content and ensures consistency with new page development, following design standards. Validates the impact of content edits across FEPOC BlueWeb subnet and ancillary sites, ensuring a consistent and streamlined approach, and within guidelines of content standards.
- Works directly with IT and contractors to coordinate the oversight of coding both in the content management system and within actual web pages to ensure the site meets usability standards, Section 508 requirements and is optimized for search engines. Does actual HTML or other type of coding when needed to support site needs.
- Manages the change process for all sections of www.carefirst.com and/or related sites to ensure that all of the site’s content is appropriately written and in compliance with legal and branding regulations. Perfoms other content maintenance tasks, including running link checkers, developing SOPs, developing training materials, training other CMS users and oversight of web analytics tools and search functionality.
- Oversees writing and graphic design of web sites. Provides writing and copy editing when needed to ensure writing is consistent with standard “e-writing” guidelines. Participates in all aspects of web site design and implementation, including requirements development, work plans, functional specs, wireframes testing, directing implementation teams, vendor selection and usability testing.
- Applies technical expertise and judgment in support of FEPOC executive-level communications targeting an internal audience or, when required, an external audience and in coordination with business owner’s expectations and requirements. Help develop and execute overall communications plans for internal campaigns, as needed.
- Provides direction, prioritization and motivation to project team staff, including direct management of vendor relationships, in order to manage allocation of resources to meet work fluctuations and time deadlines in the delivery process.
- Trains team members how to help maintain campaign mini-sites and develop other online tools to support campaigns. Several campaigns could be ongoing at any time.
- Other tasks related to the development, implementation and maintenance FEPOC extranet and intranet web sites, as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of five to seven years of web site content management, and a minimum of five years of coporate communications experience (total 10 years of experience). Both previous web content management and corporate communications experience are required. This position requires excellent project management skills including content management, work flow balancing, problem resolution and flexibility. Also required are outstanding interpersonal, negotiating, oral and written communication, and presentation skills. Advanced knowledge of Dreamweaver, PhotoShop and content management systems is desired. Knowledge of web site development standards and hands-on experience with hardware, software and high level programming is required in order to understand the effect site changes will have throughout FEPOC extranet and intranet.
Must have the ability to work independently to manage multiple projects while keeping all team members informed of the project’s progress and aware of potential problems. Must be able to think strategically and help others “think outside the box” to develop web functionality across the FEPOC. The ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical management and staff is essential.
The successful candidate must also possess:
• Experience using web development software (i.e. Dreamweaver, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
• Experience using and managing an enterprise content management system (i.e.Liferay, TeamSite, Documentum, etc.). Preference given to candidates who have hands-on experience with Liferay 7.X, particularly if used in conjunction with Microsoft technologies.
• Proficiency with content management system.
• Proficiency with web usability methodology and standards.
• Web Usability certification.
• Experience in using WebTrends or other web analytics software. Must have an understanding of how web analytics tools work and how they are configured to ensure reporting tool is being accurately managed.
• Experience in using a search tool, including writing search requirements and testing to ensure that search is working correctly. Experience in configuring search tools is helpful.
• Familiarity with MS Project Manager or other project management software
• Proficiency in the MS Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of PCs, networks and the Internet
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
It is preferred that the successful candidate possess:
• Familiarity with video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro).
• Familiarity with online survey tools (Vocici, Qualtrics, etc.).
• Basic photography and videotaping skill.
Department: Portal Product Managment
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
External applicants: Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Internal applicants: Please visit PeopleSoft/Employee Self Service/CareFirst Careers
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Please apply before: 09/05/2019