We are now hiring Market Assistants on a contract basis for the 2022 Summer market season starting in April and May.
Base hours are Saturdays and/or Sundays 6:30am-1:00pm. Locations are Cherrydale or Lubber Run on Saturdays; Fairlington or Westover on Sundays. All locations are in Arlington VA.
Additional hours may be available for special projects during the week, depending on skill sets and interests.
The position would be responsible for assisting in the operation of weekly farmers markets. Strong interpersonal skills are essential as is the ability to work as a team under the leadership of the Market Manager. Work subject to open air conditions and moderate exertion during the 6-hour shift.
In coordination with and under the direction of the designated Market Manager, the tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with onsite market set-up, management, and tear down on days the market is open and operational.
- Greet customers and ensure market rules are being adhered to.
- Work with designated FTT Executive Director, Market Manager, and/or with market committee members to develop new and innovative ideas for market promotion.
- Assist in the development and implementation of surveys / other data collection methods to address FTT Board Members’ questions regarding vendors / market participants / competitive analysis.
- Assist in the development of training material / guides for volunteers
- Assist with volunteer coordination.
- Facilitate special events planning and execution. Coordinate volunteers and material preparation for events
- Special task(s) as assigned from FTT Executive Director or Market Manager.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Rob Swennes at email@example.com, preferably before April 1.
Accountability / Dependability / Reliability: Takes responsibility for actions and accepts responsibility for quality and timeliness of work and mistakes. Is timely and works until the task is complete.
Communications: Verbally communicates in a clear, concise and effective format. Conveys a professional and positive image when representing the organization.
Interpersonal Skills: Builds and maintains constructive and effective relationships. Deals appropriately with Market Manager, vendors, and customers. Effectively resolves conflict. Maintains a positive attitude.
Adaptability: Adapts to changing conditions and situations in work responsibilities with relative ease. Deals with anger, frustration and disappointment in a professional manner.
Teamwork: Actively contributes to group activities; participates in group decision-making and consistently supports group decisions. Focuses work efforts on the achievement of organizational goals, and displays work habits conducive to the success of the unit/team.
Judgment /Decision Making: Identifies/evaluates issues. Reaches sound conclusions. Generates alternatives. Makes accurate and timely decisions.
Work Ethic: Motivated to achieve more than current duties and conscientious of current duties and output.
Timesheets: Account for time worked and document on monthly timesheets. Submit timesheets on a timely basis.
Education: High School, College or GED
Experience: 3+ years of general work experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Work requires moderate physical exertion and/or physical strain. Work environment involves exposure to external elements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by consultants hired for this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified