Redhorse is hiring a Full Stack Data Engineer with an active Secret clearance who will provide support in the areas of tailored script development, extract/transform/load manipulations, database operations, front-end & back-end design, and data visualization. Compose solutions that rapidly deliver functionality to enrich and visualize vast amounts of structured and unstructured data from various sources and formats. The Data Engineer interfaces with the client, stakeholders, military personnel, and data providers.
The Full-Stack Data Engineer will provide database design, data manipulations, tailored script / algorithm development, and data visualization. The role is in the Washington DC area (Reston and/or Arlington, Virginia).
Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials include:
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or similar technical degree
- 5+ years of data engineering and/or programming experience
- US Citizen with active SECRET clearance (an active TS//SCI clearance preferred)
- Database design and maintenance, including designing new tables and relationships, proper database normalization, and tuning using database indices
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) development, including merging and normalizing related data sources
- Technical skills in MVC frameworks, Web API design, natural language processing (NLP)
- Must possess the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy in both oral and written modes.
- Must be able to work effectively under time constraints and potentially changing priorities, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, team environment, including on government site where availability of advanced development/database tools may be limited.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Masters Degree, preferably in Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science, or related
- Experience with Machine Learning and/or Data Science
- Experience with identifying and gathering research and analysis data from DOD organizations and systems
- Experience with Navy research and analysis databases
The work environment for this position requires an individual to be able to:
- Work sitting or standing at a desk or conference table for extended periods of time with the ability to shift positions while working: sit, stand, pace, adjust positioning in any of those without issue
- Walk in the office to collaborate with co-workers, attend meetings or retrieve documents from printer
- Ability to carry up to 10 pounds
Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorse’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorse’s sole discretion