Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
ABC 7/WJLA-TV in Washington, DC has an immediate opening for an energetic and creative Good Morning Washington Executive Producer to oversee 6 ½ hours of news content. We want a leader with a proven success-driven track record to lead our morning news teams on WJLA 7 & 24/7 on TV and Digital. This is a big picture management position supervising the planning, production and execution of our live shows in studio and out in the field. You must understand the vision of GMW and keep us on brand all the time. You must be able to drive our coverage on digital first with a hearty strategy for making sure GMW owns coverage on our app and social media first! This is a big position that requires passion, endurance and perseverance!
If you are up for the challenge, you will work closely with the Senior Producer, producers, anchors, reporters, editors, photojournalists and crew on daily and long term coverage. This job is as much a community leader as a newsroom leader and this person understand
- Supervise 6 ½ hours of morning news: Good Morning Washington & Let’s Talk Live
- Supervise producers/writers/reporters
- Work hand-n-hand with the Senior Producer on planning
- Collaborate with Digital EP & Social Media Manager to consistently promote our GMW strategy on those platforms
- Recruit talented future employees
- Read and approve scripts
- Ability to manipulate rundowns in iNews, add graphics and supers
- Previous experience as an Executive Producer
- Previous morning news experience
- Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
- Four-year degree in journalism or communications preferred and a minimum of four years related experience
- Must be flexible on work hours
- Previous experience with iNews, Axis graphics, Tagboard, CrowdTangle, PowerPoint would be very helpful
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!