Master Security, a leading security provider headquartered in Hunt Valley, Maryland, is in our 61st year of providing solutions for security needs across the greater Washington, DC Metro area, amongst several other locations along the East Coast. We specialize in several different facets of commercial, private, and government security, offering both armed and unarmed contract services. Please take the time to read this advertisement carefully as this posting is for UNARMED security officers.
We firmly believe in providing our customers with the strongest possible candidates to protect their property, assets, and interests alike. Thus, we have developed, in conjunction with the laws set forth by both local and federal government, a set of criteria, which we expect all of our employed officers to meet in order to both serve the customer in the best possible way, as well as giving our officers the best chance to succeed for the duration of their employment. The criteria are as follows:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to legally work in the US.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening with negative results (unless there is medical documentation supporting a positive result).
- Must have reliable/working transportation (public transportation will not be considered).
- Must have a cell phone in order to be contacted by Supervisors.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check with no felony arrests or convictions.
- Must have a current VA DCJS Security Officer card, DC Security Officer card or Maryland Guard Card.
- Must be able to perform the duties as specifically outlined by post orders, which may require standing/walking for an extended period of time.
- Must be familiar with mobile technology (tablets, smartphones, etc.).
- Must have a VALID full driver's License - a learner's permit or provisional driver's license will not be considered.
DUTIES/WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Keep a daily log of all activity during your assigned shift, at your assigned post.
- Must be able to document all incidents that take place during your assigned shift in a detailed incident report.
- Perform walking/vehicular patrols throughout the duration of your shift.
- Enforce the rules set forth by the customer in a professional and courteous manner.
- Arrive on time, in proper uniform, to your assigned post.
- Ability to interact and communicate with the public.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Ability to assess/evaluate situations effectively.
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately, and to be able to respond in an appropriate manner.
Starting Pay: $10.00-13.00/Hour (varies by post)
Master Security is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
This is an Alcohol and Drug Free Workplace