We are actively seeking a Content Creator for a wonderful organization that creates meaningful moments for families everywhere. Reporting directly to the Editor In Chief, you will craft pitches, develop and deploy engaging and informative content, brainstorm holistically across the company's content verticals to help build the audience. Our ideal candidate will be excited to collaborate across various disciplines including social media, marketing, and sponsorship teams.
- Write and pitch several pieces of content per week; work with editorial team to brainstorm new content areas
- Stay on top of industry trends, translate trends into engaging family content
- Help to build and maintain an editorial calendar
- Review traffic and engagement metrics to showcase what's working and provide strategic recommendations for areas of improvement
- Use SEO data and social media trends to guide pitches
- 3+ years of proven experience working for an editorial website, with a background in writing and editing daily programming across various platforms
- Ability to quickly adapt to the company voice and deploy it
- Understanding of SEO, digital publishing, and photo rights best practices
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to balances multiple writing projects simultaneously
- Ability to process quantitative and qualitative data to guide content pitches
- Proven experience pitching content ideas
Get Excited! This is an opportunity to join a tight knit team and work with a group of people who are excited to take risks and work together. You will support a team that is passionate about delivering memorable experiences to customers and work in a family friendly culture.
Additional Information: This position will begin as contract based (1099). When applying, please indicate how many hours per week you're available. We encourage you to provide a cover letter, strong content portfolio, some of your favorite writing samples.